CHICKEN SPINACH LASAGNA SOUP — Tender chunks of chicken, fresh spinach and noodles are cooked in a creamy, Alfredo-style broth in this delicious, heartwarming soup.
If you love a hearty, comforting bowl of creamy soup on a cold day, this Chicken Spinach Lasagna Soup is all of that, and amazingly delicious too!
This easy-to-make soup starts with prepared Alfredo sauce. That’s combined with garlic, seasonings, chicken stock and milk to create a creamy broth.
If you’re thinking all of that looks and sounds delicious, you’re absolutely right! In fact, my family said this was one of the best new soup recipes I’ve made in a while.
Needless to say, I didn’t end up with the leftovers I was hoping to have for lunch the next day.
If you don’t have lasagna noodles handy, you could some almost any other kind of pasta. This soup will still be satisfying and delicious, mo matter what kind of pasta you use.
And yes, you could definitely sneak in other veggies. This soup is really awesome with the addition of mushrooms–although those aren’t always a kid favorite.
Although I don’t love the cold, I do love soup weather, because I can serve delicious, easy meals like this Chicken Spinach Lasagna Soup and my whole family is happy.
Be sure to save this Chicken Spinach Lasagna Soup recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Tips for Cooking Pasta
Use a big pot: Cook pasta in a large pot–big enough to hold 6 quarts of water per pound of pasta.
Salt: Generously season your cooking water with salt. A few teaspoons per quart of water is a good place to start. Although a little more or less is fine, depending on your preference.
Don’t overcook: Boil your pasta to until it is al dente, which means it’s cooked, but still a bit chewy. You’ll want to test your pasta for flavor and texture every 20 seconds or so during the last few minutes of cooking.
If you’ll continue cooking the pasta in a sauce, or baking it in the oven, remove the pot from the heat a few minutes before it’s done to prevent overcooking.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chicken Spinach Lasagna Soup
- Alfredo sauce
- Produce: garlic, spinach
- Chicken broth
- Milk or Half and Half
- Spices: Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Lasagna noodles
- 10 lasagna noodles, broken into 5-6 pieces each
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk or Half and Half
- 1 (14-16 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 3-4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water until just tender. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook a few minutes more.
- Whisk in the broth, then bring to a simmer. Stir in the milk and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the Alfredo sauce, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.
- Add the chicken, spinach and cooked noodles. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted and noodles are fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 1259mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 33g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Little Spice Jar