CHEESY BACON EGG HASHBROWN CASSEROLE — This tasty breakfast bake is loaded with crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, and of course, lots of shredded hashbrowns.
If I have a choice between a sweet and savory breakfast, I’ll almost always choose savory, and this baked breakfast dish embodies everything I love about breakfast.
Of course, I also love breakfast for dinner, and this casserole is great served any time of day. And it makes plenty, so if you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, you can enjoy it for any meal over the next few days.
This dish reheats beautifully in the microwave…..in fact, in may even be better the second day.
Even better, it only takes about 10 minutes to put together (once you’ve cooked the bacon) and it can be made the night before and baked in the morning. Simple, convenient and delicious–you really can’t go wrong with this one.
I love that this baked breakfast dish is so versatile and customizable too. You can use diced ham or cooked sausage in place of the bacon. And of course you can switch up the cheddar for almost any kind of cheese.
With some chorizo, a can of diced chilies, and a sprinkling of cilantro, you can transform this casserole into a Tex-Mex meal.
It’s also great with chopped bell peppers or mushrooms. No matter how we make it, we like to make sure the Tobasco Sauce is on the table. The possibilities for adapting the basic recipe are almost endless!
My hungry teenagers–and my hungry husband–devoured this hashbrown casserole. Luckily, it makes enough to feed a crowd. Or a handful of ravenous boys.
We’ll definitely be having this Cheesy Bacon Egg Hashbrown Casserole for breakfast, and dinner, often. Hope you love it as much as we do.
Be sure to save this Cheesy Bacon Egg Hashbrown Casserole recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cheesy Bacon Egg Hashbrown Casserole
- Frozen hashbrowns
- Spices: onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onions, for garnish
- 1 (30 oz.) package frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Spread hashbrowns in an even layer in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne. Pour over hashbrowns.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese, all of the bacon, then the remaining cheese. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour, then remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until center is set and a knife inserted in the casserole comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
Can be made ahead up to one day and refrigerated. May need to increase baking time about 10 minutes.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from The Seasoned Mom