CHEESY LEMON PARSLEY POTATOES — Two kinds of potatoes, baked in a creamy cheese sauce with a hint of lemon.
Aside from steamed veggies, or the less fancy baby carrots and Ranch dressing, I don’t have a lot of side dishes in my repertoire. But I believe you can never have too many recipes for potatoes. And these Cheesy Lemon Parsley Potatoes are my new favorite.
Potatoes are the one side I know my kids will always eat, which I can’t always say for the steamed veggies.
Imagine a cross between roasted potatoes and au gratin potatoes. That’s what this dish reminds me of.
Chunks of potatoes are baked in cream and garlic, then finished off with Swiss cheese, lemon zest and fresh parsley.
I also love that this dish uses a combination of red and yellow potatoes for a beautiful presentation. But you could certainly use one kind of potato and it would still be delicious!
Be sure to save this Cheesy Lemon Parsley Potatoes recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cheesy Lemon Parsley Potatoes
- Heavy cream
- Produce: garlic, red potatoes, Yukon Gold potatoes, lemon, fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Swiss cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1.5 pounds baby red potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1.5 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Zest of one large lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream, butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Arrange the potatoes in an even layer in the prepared dish and pour the cream mixture evenly over the top.
- Cover and bake for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese, lemon zest and parsley. Bake 5-10 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted and golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 427Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 500mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cuisine at Home