CHOCOLATE BROWNIE BUNDT CAKE — This chocolate bundt cake is made by combining a chocolate cake mix and a brownie mix in one bowl. Glazed with a rich chocolate ganache, this show decadent dessert that will impress your friends and family.
Attention all chocolate lovers: I’d like to introduce you to your new favorite cake…..the Chocolate Brownie Bundt Cake!
Awhile back, my friend Stacey shared a photo of a chocolate cake she’d made, and mentioned it was a chocolate brownie cake. Of course I was intrigued and immediately asked her to share the recipe.
I quickly learned where the cake got it’s name. It’s simply two boxed mixes combined into one–a chocolate cake mix and a brownie mix. Of course, you’ll need to add some eggs and oil, but that’s really all there is to it.
Stacey said, “I have made this in all kinds of pans, as cupcakes, and it’s awesome every time! It’s not a fluffy cake, of course, but is more rich and dense.”
Boy is it ever rich and dense–and that’s even before you add the chocolate ganache glaze! This is truly one of the best chocolate cakes I’ve every made or eaten.
I did make one little addition to Stacey’s recipe–a cup of mini chocolate chips. I figured I’d go all in on the chocolate, and it was definitely the right decision.
Besides being so easy to make, this cake will stay moist for days. Just keep it covered on the countertop. You can refrigerate any leftover cake, but I find that tends to dry cakes out a tad, so I try not to refrigerate unless absolutely necessary.
For the best flavor and texture, be sure to bring refrigerated cake back to room temperature before serving.
Like Stacey said, you can use just about any pan, including a 9×13, or 2-3 round pans for a layer cake. I love the presentation of a bundt cake, so that’s what I opted for.
If you’d like a little something to cut the richness of this cake, vanilla ice cream and fresh berries are both good options. However you serve this Chocolate Brownie Bundt Cake it’s going to be a hit!
Be sure to save this Chocolate Brownie Bundt Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chocolate Brownie Bundt Cake
- Chocolate cake mix
- Fudge brownie mix
- Chocolate chips
- Heavy cream
For the cake
- 1 (15.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 (18.3 oz.) brownie mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the ganache
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour a 10 cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, beat both mixes, eggs, oil and water until mostly smooth. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes before inverted the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan until it just begins to boil. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Let stand for a few minutes, then whisk until ganache is smooth and shiny.
- Pour ganache over cake and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: My friend Stacey.