CINNAMON RICOTTA PANCAKES — Thanks to ricotta and whipped egg whites, these pancakes are fluffy, tender and practically perfect with fresh fruit or your favorite syrup.
If you’ve never had ricotta pancakes, this recipe for Cinnamon Ricotta Pancakes is the perfect place to start!
In my opinion, ricotta is one of the most underused, underappreciated cheeses out there. And if you’ve never tried adding it to pancakes, you’re missing out.
It also elevates cookies and other baked goods, and it’s a great source of protein. But one of my favorite ways to use this versatile ingredient is in pancakes.
The ricotta (plus the whipped egg whites) results in pancakes that are fluffy, soft and tender, with a creamy richness you don’t get in regular pancakes.
Honestly, once you try these, you may never stop adding ricotta to your pancake batter again.
We’re big fans of topping these pancakes with fruit and fruit sauces, with a dusting of powdered sugar. And as much as I want you to think we’re fancy, we always get out a spray can of whipped cream when we eat pancakes at our house.
Thanks to the hint of cinnamon in the batter, these pancakes are also divine with maple or vanilla syrup–my personal favorite.
This recipe makes 10-12 pancakes, depending on the size, but don’t expect to have leftovers if you’re feeding hungry boys like I am.
No matter how you choose to top and serve these Cinnamon Ricotta Pancakes, this simple but decadent breakfast recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
Be sure to save this recipe for Cinnamon Ricotta Pancakes to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cinnamon Ricotta Pancakes
- Whole milk
- Ricotta cheese
- Baking powder
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- With an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, milk, ricotta and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix gently to combine. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Lightly spray a non-stick griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Pour 1/3-1/2 cup of batter onto the hot griddle and wait for bubbles to appear on top of the pancakes, then flip. Cook another 2 minutes, or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 435mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Generations