CRANBERRY LEMON POPPY SEED BREAD — This moist delicious cranberry loaf is loaded with poppy seeds and a hint of lemon flavor, then topped off with a simple lemon glaze. Perfect for sharing with friends and neighbors.
If you’re looking for a beautiful and delicious quick bread recipe to make this holiday season, look no further than this Cranberry Lemon Poppyseed Bread.
I love a good quick bread any time of year, but especially during the busy holiday season. Anything that is easy to make, but looks and tastes as good as this cranberry bread is a winner in my book.
Usually, I add blueberries to my lemon poppy seed bread, but I had so many fresh cranberries in my freezer, I had to get creative.
And I just love the way this version of poppy seed bread turned out! It’s just so festive and pretty. Plus, the sweetness of the bread perfectly balances the tart cranberries.
My family must have love it too, because the entire loaf disappeared in under a day. And I promise, I didn’t eat it all myself!
You can make one large single loaf with this recipe, or divide up the batter into mini loaf pans, which are the perfect size for sharing with friends and neighbors.
And although I haven’t tried it, I suspect the batter would make great muffins too. This bread also freezes well, and it’s always good to get things done in advance this time of year.
Be sure to save a handful of cranberries for sprinkling on top of the bread before you bake it. And don’t forget the powdered sugar and lemon glaze.
It’s such a simple addition, and only takes a few minutes to whisk together, but add so much to the flavor and appearance of this cranberry studded loaf.
Be sure to save this Cranberry Lemon Poppy Seed Bread recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cranberry Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Baking powder
- Poppy seeds
- Produce: lemons, cranberries
- Powdered sugar
For the bread
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/4 cups fresh cranberries
For the glaze
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, milk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Stir in poppy seeds. In another medium bowl, toss cranberries with 1 tablespoon flour. Gently fold into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, top with additional cranberries, if desired. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice for glaze in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooled loaf.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 342mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe