SLOW COOKER CUBAN MOJO PORK TACOS — Pork roast is slow-cooked in a blend of herbs and spices, then shredded and tossed in a spicy tangy sauce and served in warm tortillas.
If you’re looking to kick up your taco game for Taco Tuesday–or any day of the week–then you’ve got to try these Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork Tacos!
But what really sets these tacos apart is the mojo sauce that gets tossed with the pork before serving.
It’s a sweet, tangy, spicy blend of orange and lime juices, plus honey, cilantro and spices that adds tons of fresh flavor to this super simple week night meal.
And then of course, there’s the fresh mango pineapple salsa, which really turns these tacos into the perfect summer meal for enjoying on the back porch or patio.
Of course, if you’re not a fan of fruity salsas, you can serve these tacos with your favorite taco toppings–lettuce, diced tomato or fresh pico de gallo, shredded cheese and avocado are some great options.
We prefer flour tortillas at my house, but corn tortillas work just as well, especially if you’re looking for a gluten-free option.
I also like to garnish my mojo tacos with some chopped fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice for a bit of extra zing. And if you have any leftover pork, it’s great in quesadillas or burritos the next day.
I’ve even used the leftover pork to make a hearty and delicious pork stew. The pork filling is so versatile, you’ll probably think of a million ways to use it!
If you love easy, slow cooker meals that are refreshing and full of flavor, look no further than these Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork Tacos.
Be sure to save this recipe for Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork Tacos to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork Tacos
- Pork roast
- Olive oil
- Produce: garlic, limes, cilantro
- Chicken broth
- Orange juice
- Spices: oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- Mango pineapple salsa
For the pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (2-3 lb.) pork roast
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
For the mojo sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the tacos
- Warm tortillas
- Mango Pineapple Salsa
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown pork roast on all sides and transfer to a lightly greased slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, lime juice, oregano, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or until the pork is tender and shreds easily with two forks.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the mojo sauce in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the pork to a large bowl and shred into bite sized pieces. Pour the mojo sauce over the pork and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve the pork in warm tortillas with mango pineapple salsa, or your favorite taco toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 557mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.