EASY FRY BREAD CHICKEN TACOS — Fry bread taco shells are topped with savory shredded chicken, plus your favorite taco toppings like cheese, sour cream, avocado and tomato, plus a creamy cilantro lime dressing.
These Easy Fry Bread Chicken Tacos, topped with spicy shredded chicken and a variety of tasty taco toppings, are a big favorite at my house!
The secret shortcut to making this meal quick and easy–refrigerated canned biscuits. When you smash them flat and fry them in oil, they make a delicious, crispy base for all of the taco toppings.
Of course, if you’re not into canned biscuits, you could follow the same steps with your favorite homemade bread dough. But I’m not above a using canned biscuit dough as shortcut to help save time in the kitchen.
And honestly, what do they put in those canned biscuits that make them so irresistible? Actually, I probably don’t want to know!
These tacos use another one of my favorite kitchen shortcuts, the supermarket rotisserie chicken. Mixed with some taco seasoning, it makes a simple, easy filling for these delicious open-faced tacos.
If you prefer ground beef tacos, you can always switch up the chicken with your favorite ground beef taco filling recipe. And of course, the toppings are all up to you!
Also, I may or may not be guilty of eating a few helpings of the fried dough with no toppings whatsoever.
I don’t do a lot of fried foods at home. Not because I don’t love them or I’m worried about all the fat and calories. I absolutely love fried food! But it’s usually so time consuming and messy.
But not these Easy Fry Bread Chicken Tacos. They’re so easy to cook and serve, and with all the possibilities for toppings, my whole family loves them.
Be sure to save this recipe for Easy Fry Bread Chicken Tacos to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Fry Bread Chicken Tacos
- Refrigerated canned biscuits
- Vegetable or canola oil
- Taco seasoning mix
- Optional toppings (lettuce, cheese, sour cream, tomato, avocado, black beans)
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 (16.3 oz.) can refrigerated biscuit dough
- Vegetable or canola oil, for frying
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 (1 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- Optional toppings:
- Shredded cheese
- Diced tomato
- Black beans
- Sour cream
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a large skillet. Remove biscuit dough from can. Press each round of dough into a flat circle. Place dough in hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining biscuit dough.
- In a medium skillet or saucepan, combine chicken, taco seasoning mix and water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until liquid is reduced.
- Place fried bread onto a plate, then top with chicken mixture and any desired toppings. Drizzle with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe