EASY THAI CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP — Loaded with chicken, veggies and rice noodles, this coconut milk based soup comes together in about 20 minutes and is a family favorite.
If you’re looking for a super quick, super satisfying meal that the whole family will love, look no further than this Easy Thai Chicken Noodle Soup.
And any meal I can get on the table that fast, that my family will devour, is a definite winner as far as I’m concerned. Which I probably why I serve this soup so often.
Plus, I tend to love anything that lists coconut milk in the ingredients. I love a creamy soup, and while I add a bit of cream to almost every soup I make, using coconut milk makes things much lighter and healthier.
In fact, this soup is so light and refreshing that I even serve it in the summer.
The vegetables listed in the recipe are my family’s preferences, but feel free to make substitutions and additions based on what you like or have on hand.
Other great options include mushrooms, broccoli florets, peas, and pretty much any color and variety of sweet or hot peppers. You could even throw in a bag of frozen mixed vegetables if your really in a hurry.
If you can’t find the wide flat rice noodles at your local grocery store, fettucine or linguine noodles will work in a pinch.
And of course, adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to suit your tastes. The lime wedges are optional, but a squeeze of fresh lime juice really does elevate this soup to a restaurant quality meal.
Quick, easy and always a hit, this Easy Thai Chicken Noodle Soup is a recipe everyone should have in their collection.
Be sure to save this Easy Thai Chicken Noodle Soup recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- Vegetable oil
- Produce: red peppers, carrots, green onions, cilantro, garlic, limes
- Rice noodles
- Chicken broth
- Green curry paste
- Coconut milk
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3-4 tablespoons green curry paste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4-6 ounces flat rice noodles
- 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
- 2-3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, bell pepper and carrots and cook until vegetables are just tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add green curry paste to pot and stir to combine with vegetables. Whisk in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and simmer until noodles are tender, 4-6 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, chicken, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until heated through. Serve with fresh lime wedges, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 479Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 989mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 38g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe