FEISTY FETA DIP — Feta cheese combines with roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, green onions and hot sauce in this feisty Greek dip.
Our favorite Greek restaurant serves a Feisty Feta Dip that we order every time we eat there. We don’t order appetizers much when we eat out, but this is one we just can’t resist.
So of course I had to try I’ve tried making it at home. After several attempts, I think I’ve finally got it right!
This dip is a delicious combination of feta cheese, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts and green onions, with a bit of spice added for good measure.
You could certainly serve it at room temperature, but our favorite Greek restaurant serves it warm (with warm pita bread) and that’s how we enjoy it most too!
Best of all, it comes together in about five minutes in your food processor. Just be careful not to pulse it too much.
You still want to see some of those feta crumbles in the dip. And of course you can adjust the heat by using more or less hot sauce and cayenne pepper.
This dip is wonderful with any kind of pita or flatbread, as well as pita chips, whole grain crackers and veggies.
Anytime Greek food is on the menu at our house, this Fiesty Feta Dip is a must! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Be sure to save this Feisty Feta Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Fiesty Feta Dip
- Feta cheese
- Roasted red peppers
- Artichoke hearts
- Produce: green onions, garlic
- Hot sauce
- Spices: cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 6 ounces crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped jarred artichoke hearts
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Warm pita bread, or pita chips, for serving
- Combine everything except the olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times until ingredients are well combined.
- With the food processor on, drizzle in the olive oil until dip reaches desired consistency.
- To serve warm, spoon into a microwave safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds, or until warmed through. Serve with pita bread or pita chips.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Inspired by Cafe Athens.