FROSTED PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE BARS — Peanut butter cookie bars are topped with a layer of whipped peanut butter frosting, then a layer of chocolate frosting in this tasty treat that’s perfect for parties and potlucks.
If you love peanut butter and chocolate together, then you’re going to love these easy to make Frosted Peanut Butter Cookie Bars.
I love a good peanut butter cookie! I love it even more with chocolate frosting. And I especially love a delicious cookie in bar form.
Baking one big pan of cookies, rather than scooping out dozens of individual cookies, really appeals to the busy me that loves a good shortcut in the kitchen.
And since these Sugar Cookie Bars are a favorite with friends and family, I figured I couldn’t go wrong with a peanut butter and chocolate version.
I was not disappointed. And neither were the friends and family we shared these cookies with.
On of the best things about this recipe is that it does make plenty to share with friends. Which means it’s perfect for potlucks, parties and school bake sales.
And yes, these cookies do have two layers of frosting–peanut butter and chocolate. I suppose you could just pick one, although I can’t imagine why you’d want to leave out any frosting!
Like I said, if you love chocolate and peanut butter, then this is the recipe for you.
You can use chunky peanut butter if you prefer a little crunch. Personally, I’d go with chunky, but since everyone else in my family prefers smooth peanut butter, that’s what I use.
If you want to make a big batch of peanut butter cookies, but do it quickly and efficiently, then you’ve got to try these Frosted Peanut Butter Cookie Bars.
Be sure to save this recipe for Frosted Peanut Butter Cookie Bars to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Frosted Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Peanut butter
- Baking soda
- Quick oats
- Cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar
Frosted Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
Peanut butter cookie bars are topped with a layer of whipped peanut butter frosting, then a layer of chocolate frosting in this tasty treat that's perfect for parties and potlucks.
For the cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick oats
For the peanut butter frosting
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
For the chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5-6 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the remaining ingredients for the cookies and mix well.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the edges are just brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the bars to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat 1 cup peanut butter and 1/3 cup powdered sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- For the chocolate frosting, beat the butter, milk, vanilla, cocoa and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add additional powdered sugar, or milk, as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Frost the cooled cookie bars with the peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate for a few minutes to set, then carefully spread the chocolate frosting over the peanut butter layer. Cut into bars and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 114gFiber: 1gSugar: 102gProtein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
More Delicious Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
Easy to make and fun to eat, these peanut butter and chocolate chip energy bites are packed with protein for the perfect on-the-go snack.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Graham Sandwiches
Graham crackers are dipped in chocolate, covered with a creamy peanut butter filling, then dipped in chocolate again to create these out-of-this-world peanut butter and chocolate treats!
Peanut Butter Crunch Truffles
A creamy, crunchy peanut butter filling is dipped in chocolate to create these easy but decadent truffles.
Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars
The classic O-shaped cereal is mixed with a marshmallow and peanut butter coating, then shaped into bars in this tasty treats that's loved by both kids and adults.
Big Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
Huge peanut butter cookies, loaded with chocolate coated candy pieces. With a glass of milk, they're the perfect after school snack!
Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Dessert
Peanut butter cups sandwiched between layers of chocolate and peanut butter mousse on an Oreo crumb crust.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from The Butcher’s Wife
Leave a Reply