GRILLED CHICKEN STREET CORN TACOS — Flavorful grilled chicken is piled into warm tortillas, along with Mexican street corn and your favorite taco toppings.
Tacos are a regular menu item at our house, and these Grilled Chicken Street Corn Tacos are a new family favorite!
Actually, this chicken is pretty amazing on it’s own–if you happen to be looking for a great new recipe for grilled chicken. And it’s so easy to make!
But when the two come together, it makes for an unbelievably delicious twist on the usual chicken taco.
We like to top these tacos off with fresh cilantro, avocado (we’ll I like avocado), and some crumbled queso fresco or cotija cheese. With a squeeze of lime to finish things off.
But of course, you can add any of your favorite taco toppings. There’s so much flavor in both the chicken and corn though, you really don’t need a lot of extras.
Of course, in a pinch you could improvise with a shredded rotisserie chicken, but the spicy grilled chipotle chicken is what really makes these tacos stand out.
With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, now is the perfect time to give these Grilled Chicken Street Corn Tacos a try. They’re sure to become a family favorite!
Be sure to save this recipe for Grilled Chicken Street Corn Tacos to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Tips for Choosing and Storing Fresh Corn
Check the husk: It should be bright green, a little bit damp, and wrapped tightly around the cob. Small brown holes in the husk mean insects and should be avoided.
Also check the bottom of the corn where the ear was broken off the stalk. If this area is brown, the corn is probably not the freshest choice. If you can help it, don’t peel back the husk. This dries out the corn and shortens its shelf life.
Check the tassle: The corn silk sticking out at the top of the cob is the tassle. When choosing corn, the tassel should be light brown or gold, and slightly sticky to the touch.
The tassle should smell sweet with no signs of decay. Avoid corn that has a dry, black, or mushy tassle.
Storing: You can keep your corn on the counter if you’ll be using it that day. Otherwise, refrigerate the corn in the crisper with the husks on, tightly wrapped in a plastic bag.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Grilled Chicken Street Corn Tacos
- Produce: limes, garlic, cilantro
- Olive oil
- Canned chipotles in adobo
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Mexican street corn
For the chicken
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon canned chipotles in adobo, minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the tacos
- 1 recipe Mexican Street Corn
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: salsa, cheese, avocado, cilantro, green onions, tomatoes, fresh limes for squeezing, etc.
- Place chicken in a large zip top bag. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, canned chipotles, brown sugar, fresh cilantro and salt and pepper. Pour into bag with chicken and seal tightly. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Meanwhile, make the Mexican Street Corn; set aside.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes, then slice chicken into thin strips.
- Serve chicken in warm tortillas, topped with street corn and your favorite taco toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 43g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe