FREEZER HAM AND VEGGIE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE — This make-ahead breakfast casserole is loaded with diced ham and fresh vegetables. It’s perfect for a holiday or weekend breakfast or brunch!
I love serving savory breakfast casseroles on holidays and special occasions, and I love them even more if they can be made ahead of time, like this Freezer Ham and Veggie Breakfast Casserole.
This casserole would be perfect for an Easter brunch, or just a lazy weekend. It would even be great to keep in the freezer and serve for dinner on a busy week night.
I love that this breakfast bake is loaded with all kinds of fresh veggies. I’m partial to spinach, onions, peppers and mushrooms, but you could definitely make substitutions to use what you have on hand.
And while the recipe calls for ham, cooked sausage or bacon also work great. The type of cheese you use is subject to change as well. This recipe is highly adaptable, so feel free to use it as a guide and make this dish your own.
This is also a great breakfast to serve when you have company coming. All the work is done ahead of time, which means you have more time to visit with your guests.
Even my kids, who don’t usually like eggs, love this casserole, and it’s a big hit with my husband as well. Come to think of it, everyone who has ever tried this ham and veggie breakfast casserole has loved it.
If you will be baking this casserole right away, rather than freezing it for later, just give it time to sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours, or overnight.
If you do freeze this casserole, you’ll need to let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator, and then sit at room temperature for 15 minutes or so before baking.
Be sure to save this Freezer Ham and Veggie Breakfast Casserole recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Freezer Ham and Veggie Breakfast Casserole
- Produce: onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, fresh spinach
- Spices: Herbs de Provence, salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese
Freezer Ham and Veggie Breakfast Casserole
This make-ahead breakfast casserole is loaded with diced ham and fresh vegetables. It's perfect for a holiday or weekend breakfast or brunch!
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (any color)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (5 oz.) packages croutons
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute ham, onions, garlic, peppers, and mushrooms until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add spinach and cook a few minutes more, until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Generously grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. Add the croutons to the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Herbs de Provence, milk, and 1/4 cup shredded cheese together. Pour half of this egg mixture over the croutons. Top with the ham and vegetable mixture, then the remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top.
- Cover casserole with plastic wrap, followed by a layer of aluminum foil. Freeze until ready to use (up to 3 months). To bake: thaw the casserole in the refrigerator overnight. Allow casserole to stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake the casserole, uncovered, until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean-- about 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Google+
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Ham Swiss Croissant Bake
Southwest Breakfast Quesadillas
The Best 3 Ingredient Hashbrowns
Who Dished It up First: Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Leave a Reply