HOLIDAY BREAD WREATH — This beautiful bread and cheese appetizer is easy to make with the help of frozen dinner rolls. Such a showstopper, and perfect for any holiday gathering.
If you want to impress your family and friends this holiday season with an easy but elegant appetizer or side dish, this Holiday Bread Wreath is the answer.
It looks so fancy…..but it’s the simplest thing in the world to make, thanks to Rhodes frozen rolls! I mean, don’t you just love the convenience of frozen rolls? I think they’re one of my favorite kitchen shortcuts, along with the supermarket rotisserie chicken.
You just arrange them in a wreath shape, pop a wheel of cheese in the center, and it all bakes up into a beautiful, edible Christmas wreath.
To make it extra festive, you can decorate it with some fresh cranberries and sprigs of rosemary. But even if you leave it plain, it’s going to disappear quickly.
Because who doesn’t love bread dipped in gooey, melted cheese? You really can’t go wrong with that combination.
A large, round pizza pan works great for baking this bread wreath. But an extra large baking sheet will also do the trick. Just be sure to line your pan with parchment paper so you can easily slide the bread onto a serving platter, if desired.
Camembert is a great cheese to use with this wreath, but it can be a bit strong, so it’s a better choice for the adult crowd. Brie is more mild and is usually what I use in this recipe.
With a sprinkling of sea salt and fresh rosemary, the rolls are the perfect accompaniment to the warm, melted cheese in the center of the wreath.
This is one of those dishes that is so impressive–but hopefully no one will figure out how easy it is to make. Of course, you’ll probably get lots of requests for the recipe, so it won’t be a secret for long.
You’ll definitely want to add this Holiday Bread Wreath to your holiday entertaining menu. Just be prepared to watch it disappear.
Be sure to save this Holiday Bread Wreath recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a Holiday Bread Wreath
- Rhodes frozen rolls
- Brie or Camembert cheese
- Produce: fresh rosemary, cranberries
- Sea Salt
Holiday Bread Wreath
This beautiful bread and cheese appetizer is easy to make with the help of frozen dinner rolls. Such a showstopper, and perfect for any holiday gathering.
- 1 (8 oz.) wheel Brie or Camembert cheese
- 25 Rhodes frozen rolls
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Fresh rosemary, sea salt, and fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Line a pizza pan or large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cheese in the center as a guide. Arrange frozen rolls in two circles around the cheese, leaving about 1/2 inch between rolls, and between circles. Also leave at least 1/2 inch between cheese and inner circle of rolls. Remove the cheese wheel and refrigerate for later.
- Brush frozen rolls with melted butter and let rise for about 3 hours, or until double in size. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake rolls for 12-15 minutes, or until just barely golden. Using a sharp knife, cut the top of the rind from the wheel of cheese. Place the cheese in the center of the partially baked rolls.
- Return the wreath to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes more, or until golden brown. Brush rolls with more melted butter, then sprinkle with sea salt and chopped fresh rosemary.
- Arrange rosemary springs and fresh cranberries between rolls for garnish, if desired. Serve warm.
Total time does not include rising.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 419mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
More Holiday Appetizers
Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
A sweet and savory cranberry relish is spread over cream cheese and served with crackers. The perfect holiday appetizer!
Bacon Pecan Cheeseball
Cream cheese is loaded with shredded cheddar, blue cheese, bacon, and seasonings, then rolled in pecans and more bacon! A classic holiday appetizer.
Quick Cranberry Glazed Meatballs
Cocktail meatballs in a sweet and savory cranberry glaze. The perfect holiday appetizer!
Ultimate Chex Party Mix
This classic party mix is elevated with the addition of a few special ingredients like Bugles and bagel chips. It's the perfect snack for game day, holiday gatherings, road trips and more!
Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread
This unique spread features cranberry, jalapeno, green onion and orange juice in a cream cheese base. It's the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, and perfect for any holiday celebration.
Mouthwatering Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms are filled with a savory mixture of cream cheese and bacon, then baked until piping hot in this classic appetizer even mushroom haters will devour.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Freutcake
How do I email this recipe to myself?