MARINATED GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH HERB GORGONZOLA BUTTER — Tender marinated flank steak, grilled to perfection then topped with herb Gorgonzola butter.
We have definitely entered that phase of summer where it’s just way too hot to turn on the oven. But sometimes I’m in the mood for something other than the usual hamburgers, hot dogs and grilled chicken.
This Marinated Grilled Flank Steak with Herb Gorgonzola Butter is my go to recipe when I want to do something a bit fancier on the grill.
This is wonderful. One of my favorite steaks; so flavorful and the Gorgonzola butter is delicious!! ~ Catherine
Trust me though, when I say fancy, I don’t mean difficult. Just let your steak marinate all day and then throw it on the grill about 10 minutes before you’re ready to eat.
And the herb Gorgonzola butter is easy too! Just toss some fresh herbs into your food processor with butter and Gorgonzola cheese and you’ve got an amazing spread for your grilled steak (it’s pretty tasty on roasted potatoes too).
The steak tastes best and is most tender if you have time to marinate it overnight. Flank steak tends to be a little tough unless you give it a good, long marinade. So I definitely recommend at least 8 hours of marination if you have time.
This is also a great way to prepare flank steak to use in tacos or burritos, or in a hearty steak salad.
Just be sure to let your meat rest for at 5-10 minutes before slicing to seal in all the flavorful juices. And slice the steak against the grain and as thin as possible for optimum tenderness.
And any leftover herb butter should be used in 3-5 days. It can also be frozen for later.
Be sure to save this recipe for Marinated Grilled Flank Steak with Herb Gorgonzola Butter to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Marinated Flank Steak with Herb Gorgonzola Butter
- Flank steak
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Balsamic vinegar
- Spices: dry mustard, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- Gorgonzola cheese
- Produce: garlic, fresh herbs
For the steak:
- 1 (2 pound) flank steak
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of salt
For the Herbed Gorgonzola Butter:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh herbs, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder, red pepper flakes, pepper and salt.
- Place steak in a shallow dish or large zip-top bag and add soy sauce mixture. Cover the dish or seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Heat grill to high heat. Grill steak, covered, for 6 minutes per side, or until medium rare. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing into thin strips to serve.
- To make Herbed Gorgonzola Butter, combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Spread over warm flank steak.
Total time does not include marinading.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 2097mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 12g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.