NO BAKE BERRIES AND CREAM CAKE — This decadent dessert starts with a store bought pound cake. Add a faux pastry cream topping, some whipped cream and fresh berries, and you have an easy but elegant summer time dessert.
If you’re looking for a beautiful, delicious dessert to serve for summer holidays and special occasions, look no further than this No-Bake Berries and Cream Cake.
This cake is so easy to make! You don’t even have to turn on the oven. To start, you just thaw a frozen pound cake (like Sara Lee), then slice it and layer it in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.
If you have a bit of extra pound cake, go ahead and eat it! It’s delicious!
And if you’d rather start from scratch, just bake up my Copycat Sara Lee Pound Cake recipe. But why turn on the oven when it’s hot outside?
To make the creamy filling, just beat together cream cheese and vanilla pudding, then fold in some frozen whipped topping. Or make your own whipped cream from scratch.
I’m going to make sure I have some frozen pound cake and frozen whipped topping in my freezer when Memorial Day and Independence Day roll around, so I can whip up this delicious dessert.
I like to add the berries just before serving, since they tend to release some natural juices that can make the filling runny.
If you know you’ll be finishing off the cake in one sitting, go ahead and cover the whole cake with berries. If you’re expecting leftovers, add the berries to individual servings. You can even add an extra dollop of whipped cream on top, if you like!
However you top off this No-Bake Berries and Cream Cake, it’s sure to become an easy summer favorite.
Be sure to save this No Bake Berries and Cream Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make No-Bake Berries and Cream Cake
- Frozen pound cake
- Cream cheese
- Instant vanilla pudding
- Cool Whip (frozen whipped topping)
- Fresh berries
- 1 Family Size Sara Lee Frozen Pound Cake, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1.5 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 4 cups fresh berries
- Sliced pound cake into 3/4 inch slices. Layer the slices in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk and smooth. Let stand 5 minutes, or until partially set. Add pudding to cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Fold Cool Whip into the pudding mixture until well combined. Spread the pudding mixture over the pound cake in an even layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top cake with fresh berries. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe