RED VELVET BERRY PARFAITS — This easy, patriotic dessert is made with red velvet cake mix, whipped cream, and fresh berries. Perfect for Memorial Day, Independence Day, or any summer celebration.
If you’re looking for a fun, delicious dessert to serve for the upcoming summer holidays, look no further than these Red Velvet Berry Parfaits.
These parfaits are so simple to prepare and put together, thanks to the help of a red velvet cake mix. And with the mixed berries and whip cream, they look so festive and patriotic.
And of course, they’re incredibly tasty! I mean, what’s not to love about fruit, cake and whipped cream?
If you want to make this recipe even more simple, you can always use a tub of Cool Whip whipped topping instead of making your own whipped cream.
But it only takes about 2 minutes to make fresh whipped cream yourself, and it tastes so much better than the store-bought stuff.
I just used regular glasses to assemble my parfaits, but Mason jars, or mini dessert or trifle dishes will work just as well. Of course, the number of desserts you get will depend on the size of dishes you are using.
These parfaits are a great way to get kids helping in the kitchen too, since they’re so easy and fun to assemble.
One thing to note: you probably won’t use all of the cake. But that’s okay, that just means extra cake for you to eat. You could also increase the amount of berries and whipped cream and make enough desserts for a crowd.
These Red Velvet Berry Parfaits are a colorful, delicious way to entertain friends and family all summer long. Enjoy!
Be sure to save this recipe for Red Velvet Berry Parfaits to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Red Velvet Berry Parfaits
- Red velvet cake mix + ingredients called for on box
- Sour cream
- Fresh berries
- Heavy cream
For the cake
- 1 box red velvet cake mix, plus ingredients listed on box
- 1 cup sour cream
For the filling
- 3 cups fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer, mix cake mix, ingredients called for on box, and sour cream until smooth. Spread batter into a 9x13 inch pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or as directed on box. Set aside and cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss together berries. With an electric mixer, beat cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Cut cooled cake into 1-inch cubes. Place a layer of cake in the bottom of your glasses or dessert dishes, top with a layer of berries, then a layer of whipped cream. Repeat at least once, or until glasses are full. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe