OSCAR PARTY CARAMEL POPCORN — This delicious, homemade caramel popcorn is perfect for an Oscar party, a night at the drive-in, or movie night!
The Academy Awards are just around the corner, and this Oscar Party Caramel Popcorn is the perfect snack to munch on while you watch the awards ceremony.
I’m not actually having an Oscar party and I’m still going to make this sweet and salty snack. This popcorn is also great for the drive-in, if you’re lucky enough to have one of those close by, or any family movie night.
We used to pop popcorn at my house every Sunday night and watch The Wonderful World of Disney. And every once in awhile, we’d have caramel corn instead. So this recipes brings back great memories for me.
I mean, doesn’t eating caramel corn kind of go hand in hand with doing something fun?
I like my caramel corn on the chewy side, so I keep the baking time short. If you like it really soft and chewy, you can skip the baking step altogether.
And do use a very large bowl to toss together your popcorn and caramel coating. If you don’t have a large bowl, a large, deep roasting pan works really well too. The recipe can also be cut in half easily, if you’d rather make a smaller batch.
Also, be sure to pick all the kernels from your popcorn before you add the caramel. You don’t want anyone breaking a tooth! And I guess it goes without saying that this isn’t the best snack for teenagers with braces.
This Oscar Party Caramel Popcorn is also a big hit (and a great neighbor gift) during the holiday season. But don’t wait for a special occasion to make it. Whip up a batch today!
Be sure to save this Oscar Party Caramel Popcorn recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Oscar Party Caramel Popcorn
- Brown sugar
- Corn syrup
- Baking soda
- Nuts (optional)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 quarts popped popcorn (about 2 bags of microwave popped, microwave popcorn)
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line two large, shallow baking dishes with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place popped popcorn in a very large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla. Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Place popcorn in prepared pans and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 30-45 minutes (less if you like chewy popcorn, more if you like it crunchy).
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 650Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 748mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 3gSugar: 62gProtein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com