SPICY PECAN CARAMEL CORN — This nutty caramel corn has a pinch of cayenne pepper for a unique twist to this delicious sweet and salty snack!
If you’re a fan of all things sweet and spicy, then I think you’re going to love this Spicy Pecan Caramel Corn!
I always like having something to munch on during the holidays, especially when we’re watching football, or entertaining company. And this spicy caramel popcorn is the perfect treat to have on hand for snacking anytime.
Pecans are on of my favorite nuts to use in cooking and baking, but this caramel corn would also be excellent with cashews, macadamia nuts, or a combination of all three.
Even peanuts would be awesome! It’s really up to you! And of course, if you need to be careful of nut allergies, skip the nuts altogether and just make spicy caramel corn.
Then again, if you don’t like spicy, you could also leave out the cayenne pepper. You can also add more or less to suit your tastes. One of my boys didn’t think this popcorn was spicy enough, but the rest of us though it was perfect with 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne.
You’re going to need about 10 cups of popped popcorn for this recipe. You can pop your own, which is what I like to do. But if you really want to save time, buy a bag of already popped popcorn at the store.
Either way, make sure you remove any unpopped kernels before adding your caramel. You don’t want any broken teeth!
One last tip: use a very large pot to make your caramel. It might not look very full, but when you add the baking soda at the end, it really bubbles up! In the wise words of Julia Child, “Always start out with a larger pot than what you think you’ll need.”
Whether your eating it yourself or sharing with friends and neighbors, this Spicy Pecan Caramel Corn is pretty irresistible, especially if you love sweet and salty snacks.
The spicy kick makes this caramel corn totally unique and totally irresistible. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Be sure to save this Spicy Pecan Caramel Corn recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Spicy Pecan Caramel Corn
- Baking soda
- Spices: cayenne pepper, salt
- Corn Syrup
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups white granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toss together popcorn and pecans in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the baking soda and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt, and water. Cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until the mixture is a light amber color, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and carefully whisk in the baking soda mixture and vanilla (the mixture will bubble up). Pour the caramel over the popcorn and toss until all of the popcorn is evenly coated with the caramel.
- Pour the popcorn onto a large, parchment lined baking sheet and carefully separate it into pieces while still warm. Cool to room temperature before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 3gSugar: 66gProtein: 3g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: I first shared this recipe at Eighteen25.