PARMESAN PIZZA POPCORN AND HALLOWEEN SNACK BOARD — Celebrate Halloween in style when you make this savory pizza flavored popcorn the centerpiece of a fun and spooky snack board.
No matter how you plan to celebrate Halloween this year, this savory Parmesan Pizza Popcorn is the perfect thing to serve and share with friends and family.
Halloween is going to look a little different for us this year, with social distancing, and older kids to entertain, but I still wanted to do something extra special for my family, since Halloween is one of our favorite holidays.
So I created this amazing Halloween snack board, featuring my delicious pizza popcorn, plus plenty of sweet and savory snacks from my local Safeway store.
Here are a few tips for creating the perfect party platter for your next get together.
TIPS FOR CREATING A PERFECT PARTY PLATTER
- Use a large tray or cutting board–you’ll want lots of room to offer a variety of sweet and savory items.
- Choose a centerpiece for your tray and build around it. And don’t be afraid to fill up every nook and cranny.
- Make sure the food is bite-sized and easy to eat and serve. Things like fruit and cheeses should be pre-cut, and offerings like dips and salsas should include spoons. Place a few pairs of tongs around your tray so everything is easy to pick up.
- Add some holiday themed decorations and serving dishes to your tray, and pay attention to color and texture. Arrange the tray with pops of color throughout.
With offerings like made in-store deli trays, guacamole and salsa, Halloween candy and their freshly baked Halloween-themed treats, Safeway has you covered when it comes to creating a delicious party platter.
And the Safeway deli department makes deli trays with high-quality, fresh ingredients that are convenient and delicious, including sandwich trays, antipasto trays, and fruit and cheese trays.
With my party platter mostly offering appetizer and dessert items, I like to round out the menu with a large Safeway deli tray. I personally love their beautiful fruit and cheese tray.
It’s also the perfect option for serving guests who are looking for something a little more healthy, or have special dietary needs.
For a party tray like the one I created, I like to include both sweet and savory options. So in addition to the cheesy pizza popcorn, I added a variety of candy and baked treats.
The Safeway bakery is the perfect place to pick up sweet Halloween goodies like cookies, donuts, and these festive Halloween cupcakes!
No matter the kind of party your hosting, you can never go wrong with salsa, guacamole and tortilla chips as a savory choice. And with their made in-store guacamole and salsa, available in the produce section, Safeway does all the work for you.
To make your guacamole extra spooky, try serving it in a small witch cauldron and add a plastic spider or two on top!
Of course, it wouldn’t be a Halloween celebration with some Halloween candy. I try not to buy mine too early, because it seems to disappear before Halloween.
But whether you’ll be eating it yourself or sharing with neighborhood trick-or-treaters, Safeway has a large selection of Halloween candy to choose from.
I’m partial to the chocolate, but my kids tend to go for the non-chocolate options. Whatever kind of Halloween candy you prefer, Safeway has it all!
Oh, and fair warning, the Parmesan Pizza Popcorn is kind of addicting. I almost didn’t get a photo before it disappeared. So you may want to think about making a double batch.
Be sure to save this Parmesan Pizza Popcorn recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
- 16-18 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add popped popcorn to a large bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in paprika, garlic salt, onion powder, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.
- Pour butter mixture over popcorn and toss to coat well. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over popcorn and toss again. Pour the popcorn into a large roasting pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, stirring once half-way through cooking time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 871Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 14gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 1344mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 14gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
I shopped at Safeway in my local area, but you can also find quality grab ‘n go deli, produce, candy and bakery offerings perfect for Halloween at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons.
No matter how you plan to celebrate Halloween this year, be sure to check out all of the convenient and tasty options at your local Safeway store. Plus Safeway also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop!