PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP ENERGY BITES — Made with pumpkin, pecans, oats and mini chocolate chips, these tasty energy bites are a great way to use up leftover pumpkin puree.
If you’ve been making your favorite fall pumpkin recipes and end up with a bit of leftover pumpkin puree, then you’ve got to try these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Bites!
I don’t know about you, but it seems like a lot of my pumpkin recipes don’t use the entire can of pumpkin, and I’m never sure what to do with the extra.
Well, these yummy pumpkin pie energy bites are the perfect way to use that extra bit of canned pumpkin. You’ll need 1/2 to 2/3 cup of pumpkin for this recipe, so you don’t even need to let a little bit of pumpkin go to waste.
And as an added bonus, you’ll have a healthy, delicious pumpkin spiced snack that’s perfect for after school, or even breakfast on the go.
As with most recipes for energy bites, you’ll want to adjust the amount of ingredients as needed to get a mixture that can easily be rolled into a ball.
Because of the pumpkin, these energy bites are a little softer than some, which is why I like to roll them in finely ground nuts. But a light coating of cocoa powder would also do the trick.
And they do need to be kept in the refrigerator. But it’s super easy to grab one or two whenever you need a bit of an energy boost.
I usually use pecans in this recipe since I seem to always have them on hand, but almonds, walnuts and even cashews will work just as well.
The best part about these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Bites–no more wondering what to do with that bit of extra pumpkin puree when you’ve finished your fall baking!
Be sure to save this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Bites to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- Pumpkin puree
- Spices: pumpkin pie spice, salt
- Mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups whole, pitted dates
- 1 1/4 cups pecans, divided
- 1/2 -2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add the dates and 3/4 cup of the pecans to the bowl of a food processor. Process until everything is finely ground and the mixture forms a paste.
- Add 1/2 cup of the pumpkin puree, the oats, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt and pulse until combined. If the mixture seems too dry, gradually add more pumpkin (up to 2/3 cup) until it holds together.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips with a spatula or wooden spoon. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the remaining pecans (or grind them in the food processor) and place them in a small bowl. Roll the pumpkin mixture into balls, then roll the balls in the ground pecans.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Makes 14-18 energy bites.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 5gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe