SALTED NUT ROLL BARS — A cake mix based crust is topped with gooey marshmallows, and a crispy peanut and peanut butter topping in these tasty, candy bar-like treats.
If you love sweet and savory treats, you’re going to love these Salted Nut Roll Bars.
I admit, I’m always a bit skeptical of copycat recipes, but these tasted really close to the Salted Nut Roll candy bar. Or maybe a Payday. And perhaps just a bit like a Baby Ruth.
Even if they didn’t, they’re still fantastic–the perfect combination of sweet, salty, crunchy and chewy. And let’s be honest, I can’t resist anything with a layer of gooey marshmallow filling.
Then there’s the peanut topping, made with crispy rice cereal, peanut butter chips and, of course, loads of salty peanuts.
And even with all those yummy layers, these sweet and salty bars are super easy to make. Dangerously easy, if you love this kind of thing as much as I do!
You’ll want to put the bars in the refrigerator to set up, but don’t leave them in too long, or they’ll be hard to cut.
That shouldn’t be a problem though, since I can’t imagine anyone not eating them as soon as possible! If you love marshmallows, nuts and peanut butter, you’ve got to give these Salted Nut Roll Bars a try.
Be sure to save this recipe for Salted Nut Roll Bars to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Salted Nut Roll Bars
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Yellow cake mix
- Miniature marshmallows
- Peanut butter chips
- Corn syrup
- 2 cups peanuts
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and divided
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 12 ounces peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the peanuts and Rice Krispies. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cake mix, egg and 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- Press the mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows evenly over the hot crust. Return to oven for 3-4 minutes, or until the marshmallows are puffy and just beginning to turn golden.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the peanut butter chips, corn syrup and the remaining butter.
- Heat and stir until peanut butter chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the peanuts and Rice Krispies and stir to coat well.
- Carefully spread the peanut mixture over the marshmallows. Refrigerate until set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 472mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 10g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Julie’s Eats and Treats.