EASY SESAME CHICKEN — Tender chicken sauteed with spices and coated in a sweet and spicy honey teriyaki sauce. Better than take-out!
This better-for-you version is a snap to put together, and it’s easily adapted to sneak in a few veggies if you’d like.
I spotted this on Pinterest recently and made it for dinner. It was absolutely fantastic! ~ Lynn
I can’t say whether or not this is authentic sesame chicken, but I can say that my husband and kids gobbled it up.
Which makes it a winner in my book! And as much as I love anything deep fried, I really like that this version isn’t fried. Which means it’s a lot healthier than the take-out version. As an added bonus, it is so quick and easy to put together!
This was absolutely fantastic!! I found your blog a few weeks ago and have been making a few things here and there from it & everything has been simply perfect!! ~ Alicia
It’s definitely a staple in our weeknight meal rotation. If you’d like to add vegetables, do that a few minutes before the chicken is cooked through.
We like to serve this over rice, but it’s delicious on it’s own if you’re looking for a low-carb option.
Be sure to save this Easy Sesame Chicken recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Sesame Chicken
- Spices: salt and pepper, ginger, garlic salt, crushed red pepper, cloves, cinnamon
- Vegetable oil
- Teriyaki sauce
- Soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash of ground cloves
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, black pepper, ground ginger, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, cloves, and cinnamon.
- Place chicken into the bag and shake to coat. Remove to a platter.
- In a small bowl, stir together teriyaki sauce, honey and soy sauce.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken into skillet, and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Mix in teriyaki and honey mixture and stir until sauce thickens.
- Stir in sesame seeds and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 85mg Sodium: 895mg Carbohydrates: 27g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 18g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 34g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com