SHEET PAN CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES — Flank steak, peppers and mushrooms are baked on a sheet pan, then topped with melted cheese and served in sandwich buns in this easy, one pan meal.
If you’re looking for a dinner-worthy sandwich recipe, look no further than these Sheet Pan Cheese Steak Sandwiches!
Talk about a hit! My house full of teenage boys loved these simple beef sandwiches–well, some of them opted not to add onions or mushrooms to their sandwich buns.
But we will definitely be making these again.
I know there are some strong opinions out there about what should be included in an authentic cheese steak. Cheese Whiz or some other kind of melted cheese, for example?
This is not one of those “authentic” cheese steak recipes. But these sandwiches are delicious and super easy to make and serve, which makes this a winning recipe in my book.
And if you want to add Cheese Whiz, go right ahead!
We served the sandwich filling on smaller, hamburger size buns, but you could certainly use larger hoagie style rolls (you just won’t get as many servings). Buttermilk biscuits work great too!
Of course, the best thing about a sheet pan meal is that you only dirty one pan, so clean up is a breeze. It’s even easier if you line your pan with foil before hand.
You can also use a variety of peppers (I’m partial to red bell peppers myself) or omit the onions or mushrooms if you’re not a fan.
If you need a quick, satisfying meal for those busy week nights, these Sheet Pan Cheese Steak Sandwiches are a must try!
Be sure to save this recipe for Sheet Pan Cheese Steak Sandwiches to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Sheet Pan Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Produce: onions, mushrooms, bell peppers
- Vegetable oil
- Montreal steak seasoning
- Flank steak
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sandwich buns
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1.5 -2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Position oven rack 4 inches from broiler and set oven to broil. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss onions, peppers, and mushrooms with 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of steak seasoning. Transfer to the sheet pan, leaving room for the steak.
- In the same bowl, mix the remaining oil and steak seasoning. Rub mixture into steak and transfer steak to sheet pan with vegetables.
- Broil for 8-12 minutes, or until thermometer inserted in thickest part of steak reads 135 degrees (for medium). Transfer steak to a cutting board, covering with foil to keep warm. Stir vegetables and return to oven for 3-4 more minutes, or until tender.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain. Return to pan with vegetables, mixing to combine. Top with shredded cheese. Broil for 1-2 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve cheese steak mixture in rolls or sandwich buns.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 97mg Sodium: 500mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 35g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Pillsbury