SPICY THAI PEANUT NOODLES — Ramen noodles are sauteed in sweet and spicy sauce, then tossed with chopped peanuts and green onions in this easy vegetarian dish the whole family will love.
We love ordering Chinese take-out, but simple dishes like these Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles are so easy, I can whip dinner up at home in less time than it takes to get delivery.
And as the mother of teenage boys, it’s a safe bet that anything that starts with Ramen noodles is going to be a hit around here. Some of my kids practically live on that stuff!
I make them add grated carrots so it’s slightly nutritious–but there’s something to be said for your children fixing their own lunch or dinner sometimes.
Besides the noodles, you all this dish requires is a sweet and tangy sauce made with soy sauce, Chinese Black Vinegar and Sichuan peppercorns, plus some finely chopped peanuts, sesame seeds and green onions.
I couldn’t find Chinese black vinegar or the peppercorns locally, so I ordered both on Amazon. But if you don’t want to wait, you can use a combination of balsamic vinegar and rice wine vinegar. And for the Sichuan peppercorns, try using regular peppercorns and coriander seeds.
I’ve linked to the vinegar and peppercorns I used in the recipe card below. If you’re like me and you always have Ramen noodles in your pantry, this is a meal you can whip up at a moment’s notice on a busy weeknight.
I almost always have the ingredients on hand, and since my kids are experts at cooking Ramen noodles, they can always help me get this meal on the table.
And of course, making homemade Thai noodles at home is so much more economical that ordering them from a restaurant.
If you need a quick, flavorful meal made with inexpensive ingredients, then these Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles are just what you’re looking for. Enjoy!
Be sure to save this recipe for Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
- Ramen noodles
- Produce: green onions, garlic
- Vegetable oil
- Spices: red pepper flakes, Sichuan peppercorns, salt
- Chinese black vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- 16 ounces dry Ramen noodles (discard seasoning packets)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Salt, to taste
- Cook noodles per package instructions. Rinse with cool water and drain; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil, red pepper flakes and peppercorns in a small pot over medium heat. When oil starts to bubble, turn off heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain the oil through a strainer into a large bowl. Discard the spices.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic and sesame seeds to the oil and whisk to mix well. Toss the noodles with the sauce, along with the chopped peanuts and green onions. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 578Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2111mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 11g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Rasa Malaysia