TRUFFLE STUFFED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES — Chocolate chip cookie dough is wrapped around a chocolate truffle, then baked until golden on the outside and soft, chewy and chocolatey in the middle.
Yes, you read that title correctly–Truffle Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies! And it means what you think it means…..there is an entire chocolate truffle baked into the center of these decadent, giant cookies.
I got the idea for these cookies from my friend Sarah, who nonchalantly mentioned stuffing truffles into her favorite chocolate chip cookie dough.
She’s the same friend who gave me the idea for my Oreo Cheesecake Stuffed Waffle Cones, so I think we can all agree that she’s a baking genius.
Obviously, if your going to stuff a chocolate truffle into a cookie, it’s going to be a big cookie, and it’s going to start with a big batch of cookie dough.
I usually get about 18 cookies from this recipe, but they are huge, so if you’re not planning to share or freeze some, you can definitely half the recipe.
I used Lindt truffles in the center of my cookies, and they worked perfectly. And there are so many flavors of Lindt truffles, the possibilities for fillings are endless.
I like to use a combination of milk chocolate chips and dark chocolate truffles, or vice versa. But you could go with all milk or all dark chocolate.
And I’m pretty sure there are Lindt caramel filled truffles, which would also make an amazing filling for these cookies. Just make sure you’ve had your truffles in the refrigerator so they’re nice and cold when you put the cookies in the oven.
It wouldn’t hurt to chill them in the freezer either, although I the cookies don’t turn out quite as well if the truffles are completely frozen.
I shared these Truffle Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies with friends and they declared them the best chocolate chip cookies they’d ever had, so you’ll definitely want to give these huge, indulgent cookies a try!
Be sure to save this recipe for Truffle Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Truffle Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate truffles
- All-purpose flour
- Cake flour
- Corn starch
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate chips
- 18-20 chocolate truffles (such as Lindt), well chilled
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the cubed butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the flour, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using about 1/3 cup of dough to shape around a cold truffle. The cookies will be very large. Place 6 cookies on each cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for 10-15 minutes, then remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining cookie dough and truffles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 383mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 3gSugar: 42gProtein: 6g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished it Up First: These cookies were inspired by my friend Sarah.