HOT HAM AND CHEESE MINI SANDWICHES — These savory ham and Swiss cheese sandwiches are brushed with a poppy seed and onion butter, then baked until toasty. Always a hit on game day!
These little ham and cheese sandwiches are one of my boys’ favorite meals! But honestly, they go over well with kids and adults alike.
And they’re so quick and easy to put together, I don’t mind making them often. In fact, my kids can pretty much make these sandwiches themselves.
I made these for my book club and EVERYONE loved them! So yummy! ~ Jessica
The best part, if you ask me, is the buttery coating that is brushed over the sandwiches before baking. It adds so much flavor. My go to rolls for this recipe are Kings Hawaiian–plain or whole wheat, whichever you prefer.
For an added kick, try spreading some additional Dijon mustard on the rolls before adding the ham and cheese. Or sub in honey mustard for the Dijon for a slightly sweeter version.
These sandwiches can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator, but you may need to bake them a few extra minutes, or let them come to room temperature first.
Even better, these can be made ahead and stored in the freezer. Which is so convenient if you’re hosting a party and want to get some of the prep work done ahead of time.
I made this today for a family get together and it was a huge hit! Easy to put together and delish! ~ Dianna
Just defrost the rolls in the refrigerator and then bake them as directed.
Whenever I serve these sandwiches, they are always one of the first things to disappear. In fact, I always double the recipe because one dozen is never enough!
Be sure to save this recipe for Hot Ham and Cheese Mini Sandwiches to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Hot Ham and Cheese Mini Sandwiches
- Dried minced onions
- Dijon mustard
- Poppy seeds
- King’s Hawaiian Rolls
- Sliced deli ham
- Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 dozen dinner rolls or 2 dozen party rolls, such as King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small mixing bowl stir together onion, mustard, poppy seeds, and melted butter.
- Leaving the dinner rolls intact, slice them open so that you have one solid top and bottom.
- Place the bottom half on a baking sheet; top with ham and cheese. Place the top part of the rolls on the ham and cheese.
- Drizzle the butter mixture evenly over the rolls.Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Use a knife to separate the rolls into individual sandwiches. Serve immediately.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: I got this recipe from one of my favorite blogs Be Different Act Normal. Lorie posts great recipes and tons of fun decorating ideas.