AVOCADO GREEN GODDESS DIP — This creamy, delicious dip combined the flavors of Green Goddess dressing and guacamole for a condiment that’s perfect for dipping chips and veggies, or drizzling on tacos and your favorite salads.
If you love avocados as much as I do, then you’ve got to try this smooth and creamy Avocado Green Goddess Dip!
And this avocado dip is the perfect solution. Of course, just like guacamole, it’s also great with tortilla chips.
Even people who wouldn’t normally go for guacamole–like my husband and kids–enjoy this dip. It’s a favorite at our house with all kinds of Tex-Mex fare.
I personally enjoying using this as a dip for fresh veggies. It’s a nice change from the usual Ranch-style dips my kids love. Of course, if I want them to eat their veggies, I still make sure to have Ranch as a dipping option.
Traditional green goddess dressing is usually made with mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar and plenty of fresh herbs.
This recipe just adds some avocado to the mix. Which, if you ask me, makes it even better than the original dressing recipe.
If you prefer to make a slightly healthier version of this dip, try using plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Trust me, you’re going to find a million ways to use this Avocado Green Goddess Dip recipe. It’s definitely one you’ll want to add to your recipe box.
Be sure to save this Avocado Green Goddess Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Avocado Green Goddess Dip
- Produce: avocados, lemons, garlic, fresh herbs
- Spices: salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- Apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium ripe avocados, sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Milk or water, as needed, for thinning
- Add the avocados, garlic, herbs, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice and vinegar to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add milk or water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Place dip in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe