EASY AIR FRYER CHEESE TAQUITOS — This incredibly easy air fryer recipe uses just a few simple ingredients, takes minutes to make, and is loved by kids and adults alike.
If you’re looking for a fast, easy, delicious meal that everyone in the family will love, this recipe for Easy Air Fryer Cheese Taquitos is just what you need!
Depending on the occasion, these taquitos also make great snacks or appetizers. They’re especially popular with the teenage crowd–at all hours of the day and night.
You literally roll a stick of cheese up inside a tortilla and stick it in the air fryer. Ten minutes later you have a crispy tortilla filled with gooey, melted cheese.
I mean, what’s not to love about that?
This obviously works with other fillings besides cheese. But plain cheese taquitos are definitely the quickest, easiest version to make. If we have any kind of leftover shredded meat–chicken, beef, pork–we like to throw that in too.
You can definitely use traditional string cheese in this recipe, but I prefer the long, square cheese sticks because there’s a better variety to choose from, including cheddar, pepper jack, and Colby jack.
Either way, your cheese should fit perfectly inside a small (6 inch size) tortilla. We prefer flour tortillas at our house, but I imagine this would work with corn tortillas too.
Just be sure to keep the ingredients for this recipe on hand at all times, and you can cook up a batch of these Easy Air Fryer Cheese Taquitos any time.
Be sure to save this Easy Air Fryer Cheese Taquitos recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Air Fryer Cheese Taquitos
- Cheese sticks or string cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 cheese sticks
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Tajin seasoning, optional
- Place a cheese stick at one end of a tortilla and roll up tightly. Place seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Repeat with remaining cheese and tortillas.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Carefully place the taquitos, seam side down, in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy, turning once halfway through cooking time.
- Sprinkle with Tajin seasoning before serving, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe