BEST SLOW COOKER SPAGHETTI SAUCE — Ground beef and tomato sauce, simmered in the slow cooker with garlic and plenty of seasonings makes this the tastiest spaghetti sauce you’ll ever try!
Growing up, we had spaghetti and meat sauce for dinner every single Monday. For years. Which kind of turned me off to spaghetti for a long time. So when I say this Best Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce is the best, I really mean it!
If I do eat spaghetti and meat sauce now, it has to be really, really good. And this stuff is absolutely amazing! I’m actually excited about eating spaghetti again!
This is the BEST !! I have made this multiple times for my family and have doubled it so I can freeze it for a quick meal. I tell everyone who is looking for a good pasta sauce recipe this is the one to use. ~ Ann
My husband and boys, who don’t have a childhood aversion to spaghetti, wholeheartedly agreed. This is the best spaghetti sauce they’ve ever had.
And when you’re feeding hungry teenage boys, it doesn’t get much better than an easy, economical, satisfying meal like this one.
But this recipe features the perfect combination of those ingredients for a mouthwatering sauce that’s perfect for all kinds of pasta, or as filling for your favorite lasagna.
There are so many ways to use this sauce, and it makes a lot and freezes well, so you can always keep some handy for those busy nights when you won’t have time to cook.
This recipe is also perfect for feeding a crowd, and is always popular at potlucks. It’s also a great option if you want to take a meal to a new mom or someone else who could use a little comfort food.
One thing is for sure, after trying this recipe, I’m happily eating spaghetti once again!
Be sure to save this Spicy Smoked Sausage Alfredo Bake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Best Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- Ground beef
- Produce: onions, garlic
- Crushed tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato paste
- Beef broth
- Spices: basil, oregano, fennel, parsley flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spaghetti or other pasta, for serving.
- In a large skillet, saute ground beef with onion and garlic until cooked through. Drain grease. Add beef to a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, except spaghetti, to slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Add more water as needed for desired consistency.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti or other pasta.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 838mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 14gProtein: 22g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Last Updated on 2020-01-08 by Danelle