ORANGE AND BLUE BRONCOS THEMED SUPERBOWL PARTY MENU: Fun ideas for orange and blue appetizers, eats and drinks for Denver Broncos fans.
Living in Colorado, I couldn’t be more excited about planning this year’s Super Bowl party menu! I’ve been busy coming up with some fabulous orange and blue game day food ideas. And there are even a few adaptations for Seahawks fans.
Buffalo wings with blue cheese dressing are perfect for any Super Bowl party, and if you’re a Bronco’s fan, the colors are perfect too. If you’d like to offer your guests something slightly less spicy (but still orange!), try these Spicy Baked Orange Chicken Wings.
- 2.5 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse wings and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with vegetable oil, salt and pepper. Arrange in an even layer on prepared pans.
- Bake, rotating pans half-way through, until fully cooked, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove wings from oven and transfer to a large bowl or high-sided baking pan.
- While the chicken cooks, make the sauce. Combine the sesame oil and olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the red pepper flakes, orange marmalade and hoisin sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes; keep warm until chicken is ready.
- Pour the orange sauce over the cooked wings, tossing to coat, and serve immediately.
It’s always a good idea to offer some lighter fare at any get together or party. For a healthy Broncos themed snack, stack some cantaloupe and blueberries on toothpicks or skewers.
A small slice of prosciutto makes these easy appetizers seem like gourmet treats. Make sure to have a few without meat for your vegetarian guests.
If you’re a Seahawks fan, try replacing the cantaloupe with honeydew melon or green grapes.
These Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are another great option for your vegetarian party guests. With blue cheese dressing, of course. Honestly, they’re so good, don’t be surprised if the meat eaters love them too!
If you’re feeding a crowd, these Sugar Cookie Bars are perfect for dessert. Besides being the best sugar cookies you’ll every try, it’s easy to change-up the frosting and sprinkles to match your party’s color scheme.
A Super Bowl party just wouldn’t be a party without chips and queso. Simply replace regular tortilla chips with a blue corn variety and your chips and queso instantly work with a blue and orange party theme!
I love this Chorizo Bacon Queso–you can keep this cheesy dip warm in your slow cooker during the game.
To satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth, I’ll be serving mini fruit tarts topped with well-drained, canned mandarin oranges and fresh blueberries. (Seahawks adaptation: replace the oranges with a small slice of honeydew or some halved green grapes. Or try using a key lime filling topped with blueberries.)
For more sweet treats, order some cupcakes from your supermarket bakery in your team’s colors, or create an orange and blue (or green and blue if you’re cheering for the Seahawks) candy buffet.
Finally, don’t forget to pick up some colorful drinks. With all the specialty sodas available these days, chances are you’ll be able to find the perfect colors to match your Super Bowl party theme!
Be sure to save this Orange and Blue Broncos Themed Superbowl Party Menu to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like: