CANNOLI ICE CREAM — Made with real cream, sweetened condensed milk and ricotta cheese, this amazing ice cream has all the traditional cannoli flavors, including mini chocolate chips, pistachios, cannoli shell pieces, and a hint of nutmeg and cinnamon.
Basically, you take a simple vanilla ice cream recipe and add some traditional cannoli ingredients to the mix.
First, just a bit of ricotta cheese gets blended it to give the ice cream that true cannoli flavor–followed my a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg, mini chocolate chips, chopped pistachios and broken cannoli shells.
And don’t forget my favorite secret ingredient to perfect cannoli–a tablespoon or so of freshly grated orange zest.
Once everything is combined, just churn it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
If you’re thinking this all sounds brilliant, you’re right! Honestly, I don’t know why I didn’t think of making cannoli ice cream before.
If you really want to make an impression, serve this ice cream in sugar cones dipped in chocolate to give it the look and feel of traditional cannoli.
I also like to garnish my cannoli ice cream with additional chocolate chips, pistachios and broken cannoli shells before I pop it in the freezer.
I definitely recommend the mini chocolate chips in the recipe. They’re much easier to eat frozen than regular chocolate chips. The pistachios are, of course, optional.
If you’re looking for a unique but classy way to welcome summer, you’ll definitely want to give this Cannoli Ice Cream a try.
Be sure to save this Cannoli Ice Cream recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cannoli Ice Cream
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- ricotta cheese
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, salt
- Mini chocolate chips
- Cannoli shells
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 1/2 cups crushed cannoli shells
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream, condensed milk, ricotta cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions until ice cream is just set.
- Add the chocolate chips, pistachios, cannoli shells and orange zest to the ice cream maker and continue freezing until ice cream is set.
- Transfer mixture to a loaf pan or freezer safe container and freeze for an additional 3-5 hours, until fully set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 724Total Fat: 57gSaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 27gProtein: 14g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe