CHEESY GNOCCHI AND SAUSAGE SKILLET — Tender gnocchi pasta with Italian sausage and cheese cooks up in one skillet for a quick and easy meal!
I love one pot meals! They make dinner time so much easier. I mean, who needs more dishes to wash? I especially love one pot meals when they’re as delicious and satisfying as this Cheesy Gnocchi and Sausage Skillet.
Rave reviews…and they barely left a bowl for me. And was counting on not only a bowl for me but 2 lunch servings. Oh well guess, I’m tripling it next time. ~ Susan
Gnocchi cooks up really quickly, so you can have this tasty skillet dinner on the table in under 30 minutes.
I just love those little pillows of pasta! In fact, I try to keep some in my pantry at all times because I can always whip up a quick and delicious meal if I have gnocchi on hand.
And when you smother gnocchi in a creamy sausage and tomato sauce, then top it off with melted cheese, it’s pretty much pasta perfection. Best of all, I only had one pot to clean when we were done eating. And I have no complaints about that!
This one is definitely going into the regular rotation at our house. It’s exactly the kind of recipe you need in your collection for those busy week nights when you need to get dinner on the table in a hurry.
Be sure to save this Cheesy Gnocchi and Sausage Skillet recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cheesy Gnocchi and Sausage Skillet
- Fresh gnocchi
- Olive oil
- Produce: garlic, fresh parsley
- Italian sausage
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Spices: basil, oregano, salt and pepper
- Heavy cream
- Mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces fresh gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring frequently, for about 7-8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Add the sausage to the skillet, and cook until no longer pink.
- Preheat broiler.
- Add the diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to the pan. Bring to a simmer. Return the gnocchi to the pan.
- Stir in cream, and cook a few minutes more, until everything is heated through.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese. Place skillet under broiler for about 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted an bubbly.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 475 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 84mg Sodium: 766mg Carbohydrates: 36g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 20g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts.