DARK CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE — A chocolate cookie crumb crust is loaded with a decadent cream cheese and dark chocolate filling. Serve with fresh fruit or whipped cream for a showstopping dessert everyone will rave about.
You guys! This Dark Chocolate Cream Pie is absolutely amazing! I mean it’s a pie. Made of chocolate. What’s not to love about that?
I confess, my 15 year-old son spotted the recipe and asked to make it for dessert. He really has an eye for delicious recipes, and once again, he picked a winner.
Not only does it taste amazing, it sets up and slices beautifully. And it’s so easy to make! But everyone will think you spent hours in the kitchen.
I recommend serving it with some fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream to cut the richness, although it’s perfectly delicious on it’s own.
And aside from the fact that you need to bake the crust for about 8 minutes, this is pretty much a no-bake dessert, so it’s perfect for summer holidays and special occasions.
Since I often get asked about the chocolate crumb crust–yes, I use the entire Oreo cookie. I just throw them in my food processor and pulse until I have fine crumbs.
No need to remove all the filling beforehand. Unless you really love Oreo filling and you’d rather eat it all yourself.
Honestly, this pie almost too good to be true. This is the kind of pie I’d expect to be served in a fancy restaurant. Just make this one. You won’t regret it!
This Dark Chocolate Cream Pie is nothing but creamy chocolate goodness through and through. If you love chocolate, then this is definitely the pie for you!
Be sure to save this Potato Chip Crusted Grilled Corn recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Dark Chocolate Cream Pie
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- 24 Oreo cookies, crushed into fine crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (or dark chocolate chips)
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine Oreos and melted butter. Press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine chopped chocolate and 1/3 cup cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45-60 seconds. Whisk until chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- With an electric mixer, beat the remaining cream and 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the chocolate mixture and mix until smooth. With the mixer on low speed, add the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spread the filling into the cooled crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
Total time does not include refrigeration.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 509Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate & More