CREAMY BUFFALO CHICKEN ENCHILADAS — Shredded chicken is mixed with both enchilada sauce, Buffalo sauce and cheese, then rolled up in flour tortillas and topped with a creamy buffalo sauce.
If you’re looking for a delicious twist on the usual enchiladas, you’ve got to try these Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas!
I admit, I was skeptical the first time I made these enchiladas. I figured they had the potential to be really good, or really weird. I’m happy to report they were really good!
Actually, better than really good–they we’re pretty gosh darn amazing!
My family thought so too. They declared these enchiladas some of the best I’ve made in years. The enchilada sauce and Buffalo sauce are surprisingly tasty together.
And of course, a creamy sauce and loads of melted Monterey Jack cheese don’t hurt either. There’s even a hint of Ranch seasoning in the sauce, for even more authentic Buffalo chicken flavor.
My family prefers flour tortillas, so that’s what I used in this recipe. But I’m sure they’d be equally delicious with corn tortillas, so use whichever you prefer.
I also think some cheddar cheese would be a nice touch. And a supermarket rotisserie chicken makes it extra quick and easy to mix up the filling for these enchiladas.
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, enchiladas are almost always better the second day, and these were no exception.
I like to garnish these enchiladas with a sprinkling of sliced green onions. But sour cream and extra Buffalo sauce are nice to have on hand too–for the folks who like their food extra spicy.
If you’re on the fence about whether to make these Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas, trust me, just go for it! They’re surprisingly good, and a new family favorite at my house.
Be sure to save this recipe for Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
- Enchilada sauce
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Ranch dressing mix
- Chili powder
- Green onions
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 (10 oz. ) can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 10-12 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons Ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together chicken, enchilada sauce, 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce and half of the cheese. Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cream, remaining Buffalo sauce, flour, ranch dressing mix and chili powder. Pour evenly over the enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly. Top with sliced green onions before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 993mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Learn How to Make Homemade Flour Tortillas here!
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.
Last Updated on 2020-02-28 by Danelle