HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN KABOBS –Tender chunks of grilled chicken, with bell peppers and fresh pineapple, basted in a spicy honey sriracha sauce, then grilled to perfection.
Kabobs are one of our favorite things to make during grilling season, and these Honey Sriracha Chicken Kabobs are a new favorite with the spicy food lovers in my family.
Something about food on a stick just makes it more fun to eat. At least I think so.
And if you like things spicy, the honey and sriracha sauce glaze on these kabobs is definitely spicy. With a little hint of sweet, of course.
My boys all love spicy food, and so do I (although I can’t eat things quite as spicy as they do) and we all loved these flavorful, colorful kabobs.
I like to serve these kabobs with a side of rice, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and a sprinkling of chopped cilantro.
They’d also be great with grilled vegetables, like corn on the cob, or as a filling for flatbread-style wraps or sandwiches. And you can always add more sriracha for dipping if you like these really spicy.
If you’re not a fan of spicy food, this recipe works really well with your favorite barbecue sauce in place of the sriracha. And of course, you can use any color of peppers you choose.
While canned pineapple chunks will work in a pinch, this is definitely one of those dishes where it’s worth splurging on fresh pineapple. I like to buy it already cut to save time in the kitchen.
If you want to spice up your back yard grilling routine this summer, you’ve got to try these Honey Sriracha Chicken Kabobs!
Be sure to save this Honey Sriracha Chicken Kabobs recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Honey Sriracha Chicken Kabobs
- Produce: bell peppers, fresh pineapple, limes, cilantro
- Sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 bell peppers (any color), cut into chunks
- 2-3 cups fresh cubed pineapple
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Fresh cilantro and lime juice, for serving
- Preheat grill for medium high heat. Thread chunks of chicken, pepper and pineapple onto skewers (soak wooden skewers in water first). Season with salt and pepper
- In a smalll bowl, whisk together sriracha sauce, honey and lime juice.
- Brush kabobs with honey sriracha mixture. Place on grill and cook for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning and basting once, halfway through cooking time.
- Before serving, drizzle kabobs with fresh lime juice and sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 538Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 773mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 33gProtein: 72g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe