MINI BLACK FOREST CHEESECAKES — Decadent chocolate cheesecakes, baked in mini Mason jars and topped with cherry pie filling, whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
I know you’re probably just getting started with those New Years resolutions, but hopefully there’s still room for a bit of indulgence in your life, because these Mini Black Forest Cheesecakes are definitely worth it!
And since these cheesecakes are baked individually in mini Mason jars, portion control is that much easier.
My husband is a huge fan of black forest cake, and an even bigger fan of cheesecake, so I knew he was going to love these. But honestly, who wouldn’t love creamy chocolate cheesecake topped with cherries and whipped cream?
These tasty little chocolate and cherry desserts would be perfect for a special date night or Valentine’s day dinner.
I like to top mine with chocolate shavings, but they’d also be great with some chocolate sauce and a cherry on top!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Mini Black Forest Cheesecakes
- Chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Sour cream
- Cherry pie filling
- 12 Oreos, crushed into fine crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled slightly
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Chocolate shavings for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 10, 4 ounce Mason jars. In a medium bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter. Divide the mixture evenly among the 10 jars and press crumbs into an even layer.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Allow crusts to cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2/3 cup sugar, cocoa and salt until no clumps of cocoa remain. Add the cream cheese to the mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until just combined after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and mix just until combined. Stir in the 1/4 cup heavy cream and sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Tap the bowl on the counter top several times to release some of the air bubbles. Divide the mixture evenly among the Mason jars. Bake for 18-20 minutes until centers are barely set. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- For the topping: In a mixing bowl, beat 1 1/4 cups heavy cream and 3 tablespoons sugar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Top each cheesecake with cherry pie filling (you may not use all the filling), then top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 560Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 273mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 6g
Never Miss a Let’s Dish Recipe
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cooking Classy