SLOW COOKER CHICKEN BACON RANCH SOUP — This creamy slow cooked soup is loaded with tender chicken, cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, fresh spinach, and a hint of Ranch seasoning. Total comfort food!
I’m so excited that soup weather is here, and this Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Soup is one I’ll be making often this fall and winter.
Oh, and there’s fresh spinach in there too. Which I’m really hoping cancels out all the fat and calories from the cheese and bacon.
I know…..that’s not how it works. But it’s not going to stop me from enjoying a bowl of this delicious soup every once in a while. And my kids will happily eat their veggies this way.
Not to mention, chicken, bacon and Ranch (with cheese!) has got to be one of the best savory flavor combinations ever. My family definitely loves it, and devours this soup whenever I make it.
Plus, I really love the convenience of anything that simmers all day in the slow cooker. I’m all for a meal that allows me to do most of the prep work early in the day.
For a slightly lighter version of this soup, you can replace the cream with Half and Half, or even milk. It won’t be quite as thick and creamy, but it will still be delicious.
Obviously, there isn’t much about this recipe that’s low-fat, except for maybe the spinach. But this soup is definitely worth the occasional indulgence.
If you’re looking for something warm, comforting and delicious to make when cold weather strikes, this Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Soup is a must try!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Soup recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Soup
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Chicken broth
- Produce: spinach, green onions
- Ranch seasoning mix
- Salt and pepper
- 1.5 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1 oz.) package dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, plus more for serving
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 6-8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 green onions, chopped, for garnish
- Add chicken breasts to a lightly greased slow cooker. In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken broth, water and Ranch seasoning mix. Pour over chicken.
- Add softened cream cheese to crockpot along with chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred; set aside. Stir in cheese, spinach, and most of the bacon (reserve some for garnish). Return shredded chicken to crockpot.
- Cover and cook 10-15 minutes more, until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted. Stir in cream just before serving. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve topped with additional cheese, bacon and chopped green onions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 599Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 1144mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 60g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Eatwell 101