SLOW COOKER CHEESY BARBECUE BRISKET SANDWICHES — Slow cooked barbecue brisket, topped with smooth cheddar cheese sauce and served on crusty rolls.
We’re huge fans of barbecue brisket around here–it’s probably our favorite way to prepare and eat our favorite cut of beef. So these sandwiches were a huge it with my husband and boys.
I mean, just look at that cheese sauce! It’s got some steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce to give it a hint of smoky flavor. So good!
The cheese is the perfect accompaniment to the tender, shredded barbecue brisket. If you are planning to serve these sandwiches for entertaining, you can keep the beef warm in one slow cooker, and the cheese sauce warm in another, smaller slow cooker.
The cheese makes for a pretty great sauce for nachos or French fries too!
Best of all, these sandwiches are so easy to make! Just toss the brisket ingredients in the slow cooker, then about 30 minutes before you’re ready to eat, whip up the cheese sauce.
I often find cuts of brisket at the butcher’s counter in my supermarket that are way too big for what I need. But they are always happy to cut a brisket in half for me.
So be sure to ask about that if you can’t find a smaller brisket at the grocery store.
Then all you need is a bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce and a few simple seasonings, and your ready to make one amazing brisket. It’s great for so many things beside sandwiches too–tacos, burritos, or just eating as is.
We’ll definitely be serving these sandwiches at some of the big football games coming up over the next few weeks and months. Hope you love this recipe as much as my family does!
Be sure to save this recipe for Slow Cooker Cheesy Barbecue Brisket Sandwiches to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Cheesy Barbecue Brisket Sandwiches
- Beef brisket
- Spices: thyme, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper, Montreal steak seasoning
- Liquid smoke
- Barbecue sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Beef broth
- Cheddar cheese
For the brisket
- 1 (3 lb.) beef brisket, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 (18 oz.) bottle barbecue sauce
- Crusty buns, for serving
For the cheese sauce
- 16 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1-2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup beef broth
- Mix together all of the seasonings for the brisket and rub over meat. Stir together the liquid smoke, and barbecue sauce in a lightly greased oval slow cooker.
- Add the brisket to the slow cooker and turn to coat with the sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- About 30 minutes before eating make the cheese sauce. Combine Velveeta, steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Add the cheddar cheese and cook until melted. Add broth until sauce is desired consistency.
- Shred brisket and serve on crusty buns, topped with cheese sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 1603mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 12g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe