SLOW COOKER COKE BRISKET TACOS — Beef brisket is seared and then slow cooked in a mixture of Coke, citrus juice and herbs and spices, then shredded and serve in warm tortillas with fresh pico de gallo. A family favorite!
We eat a lot of tacos around here, so when I say that these Slow Cooker Coke Brisket Tacos are a family favorite, it’s a pretty big deal!
If I asked my family to name their favorite cut of beef (which is kind of a weird question), I’m pretty sure they would all say brisket, so it’s no wonder these flavorful brisket tacos are a huge hit around here.
The beef slow cooks in a mixture of cola, orange and lime juice, garlic, and loads of spices and the end result is truly fabulous.
The only garnish these tacos really need is some pico de gallo and a squeeze of fresh lime, but of course they can also be topped with any of your favorite taco toppings.
We all prefer flour tortillas over corn, but both work equally well, and corn tortillas are, of course, the go-to option for a gluten free diet.
Yes, the searing step take a little bit of extra time, but it adds so much amazing flavor. It’s definitely worth the extra dirty pot and the extra ten minutes.
Or if you have a slow cooker with a browning function, you can do it all in one pot to make it even easier. Whatever you do, don’t skip the searing!
The recipe calls for Mexican Coke, which is sweetened with cane sugar instead of corn syrup, and it makes a subtle difference in the flavor of the tacos. But regular Coke will work fine too.
My family requests these Slow Cooker Coke Brisket Tacos often. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Be sure to save this recipe for Slow Cooker Coke Brisket Tacos to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Coke Brisket Tacos
- Spices: oregano, cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, onion salt, bay leaf, salt and pepper
- Produce: garlic, limes, oranges
- Mexican Coke
- Pico de gallo
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 pounds beef brisket, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup Mexican Coke
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Lime wedges
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and cinnamon. Rub the mixture over the brisket. Add the brisket to the hot oil and sear on both sides until dark golden brown.
- Transfer the brisket to the slow cooker, along with any pan juices. Add the garlic, lime and orange juice, the Coke and the bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours, or on high for 8-10 hours. Shred the meat using 2 forks. Serve in warm tortillas with pico de gallo and lime wedges.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 534Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 833mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 45g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Eitan Eats the World