SLOW COOKER DR PEPPER PULLED PORK — Pork roast is cooked in Dr Pepper and seasonings until tender, then shredded and served on crusty buns. Easy and delicious, it’s a great way to feed a crowd or just a hungry family.
Pulled pork is one meal my husband and boys never get tired of, and this Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Pulled Pork is definitely a family favorite!
I mean, it’s cooked in Dr Pepper soda, along with barbecue sauce and lots of savory spices, which means it’s really hard to go wrong with this crowd-pleasing recipe.
This is also a perfect recipe for game day or tailgating because it’s so easy to make and keep warm throughout the day.
Just don’t forget to serve some extra barbecue sauce on the side.
One of my favorite tricks for making super flavorful slow cooked pork–or any slow cooked roast–is not to wash off all the seasonings by pouring liquid over the roast after it’s been seasoned.
I always mix my liquids in the bottom of the slow cooker (in this case it’s barbecue sauce and Dr Pepper), then rub the seasonings over my roast and set it on top of the liquid.
That way you end up with all the delicious seasonings in your meat when it’s time to shred it, rather than floating in the slow cooker.
It’s a simple step that adds so much flavor.
One thing is for certain, this Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Pulled Pork is always loved by kids and adults alike, and it’s always a hit whenever I serve it.
I hop you love it as much as we do!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Pulled Pork recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Pulled Pork
- Pork roast
- Spices: paprika, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- Dr Pepper
- Barbecue sauce
- Sandwich rolls, for serving
- 1 (3-4 lb) pork roast
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 oz.) can Dr Pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Rolls or sandwich buns, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Rub over pork roast.
- In a lightly greased slow cooker, whisk together Dr Pepper and barbecue sauce. Place roast in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker and toss with cooking liquid (if there is too much liquid, remove some before returning the roast to the slow cooker).
- Serve shredded pork on sandwich buns with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 698mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 17g Protein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe