TRIPLE LAYER CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE — This decadent dessert feature three chocolate layers–a rich fudge filling, a chocolate mousse, and chocolate whipped cream–to satisfy even the biggest chocolate cravings!
If you’re a chocolate fanatic like I am, then you are going to love this amazing Triple Layer Chocolate Cream Pie!
Not only does it feature three rich, decadent chocolate layers (including chocolate whipped cream), it even has a chocolate crust. This pie really is a chocolate lover’s dream.
The first layer is a rich, fudgy, dark chocolate pudding. Next comes a light and fluffy chocolate mousse. Then everything is finished off with a heaping layer of chocolate whip cream, and of course, some chocolate shavings.
If you’re looking to impress, this pie is a real showstopper. And yes, it does taste as good as it looks!
My husband is a big fan of cream pies, and this is one of his favorites. I have to agree with him. This is one of the best chocolate pies–possibly one of the best pies in general–I’ve ever had.
Yes, this fancy layered pie does take a bit longer to prepare than your average dessert, but trust me, it is well worth the effort.
You do need to let each layer set up before adding the next one. And the pie needs to chill at least 8 hours before serving, so make sure you get started the day before.
But I promise, it’s not hard. It just requires patience and time. Patience is not my forte when it comes to chocolate, but this pie was definitely worth the wait!
If I had to choose a favorite layer, it would probably be the chocolate mousse. But the layers taste so amazing together, I really couldn’t choose one to leave out.
My family devoured this pie. We don’t always agree on desserts, but we all agreed that this Triple Layer Chocolate Cream Pie was sensational!
Be sure to save this Triple Layer Chocolate Cream Pie recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Triple Layer Chocolate Cream Pie
- Chocolate cookie crumbs
- Half and half
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- Bittersweet chocolate
- Chocolate chips
- Heavy cream
- Chocolate syrup
For the crust
- 2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
For the chocolate filling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ounces 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the mousse
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- For the chocolate whipped cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Chocolate curls, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse chocolate cookie crumbs, pecans, sugar and salt. Stir in melted butter. Press mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- To prepare chocolate filling, whisk together 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in a large saucepan. Whisk together half-and-half and egg yolks in a large bowl. Gradually whisk egg mixture into sugar mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture just begins to boil. Cook, whisking constantly, for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and whisk in semisweet chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, butter and vanilla. Place plastic wrap directly on warm filling. Let stand 30 minutes. Spread filling over cooled crust. Place plastic wrap directly ever filling and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To prepare mousse, microwave milk chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons heavy cream in a medium bowl at 50% power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring at 30-second intervals. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Beat 1 cup heavy cream and 2 tablespoons sugar at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold half of whipped cream into milk chocolate mixture until blended and smooth. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread mousse over chocolate filling. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate whipped cream by adding 2 cups heavy cream and chocolate syrup to a large bowl. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar. Continue beating until soft peaks form. Top pie with chocolate whipped cream before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 816Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 184mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 5gSugar: 55gProtein: 10g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from My Recipes