AVALANCHE BARS — Crispy rice cereal is combined with white chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallows and chocolate chips in this easy but delicious no-bake treat!
Loaded with marshmallows, chocolate chips, Rice Krispies cereal, and the flavors of white chocolate and peanut butter, these Avalanche Bars are the perfect last-minute holiday treat!
These tasty, no-bake bars were made famous by the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, but I tried them first thanks to my friend Emily.
I was helping to host a going-away party for some dear friends, and asked Emily if she’d be willing to provide a dessert. She made these bars and as soon as I laid eyes on them, I knew I would love them.
I was not disappointed! So of course I asked her for the recipe. I couldn’t believe how easy these bars were to make. In fact, I usually enlist the help of one of my kids when I make these.
It’s the perfect recipe for younger (and older) kids to help with in the kitchen, especially since there is no hot oven involved. And the finished product tends to be wildly popular with the younger crowd too.
At the going-away party, one of my young friends was looking for an egg free dessert. There weren’t many options for him, since most people brought baked goods. I suggested these Avalanche Bars, and he loved them!
In fact, he loved them so much that his mom emailed me a few days later to ask for the recipe. Luckily, Emily had already passed it along to me.
Personally, I can’t resist anything with marshmallows, especially when they’re combined with something crispy. And the addition of peanut butter and chocolate makes these bars even more appealing to me.
I like to finish these crispy, chewy treats of with a sprinkling of extra marshmallows and chocolate chips, followed by a drizzle of melted white chocolate. But even without the extras, these are sure to be a hit!
If you need a last minute treat this holiday season–or any time of year–these Avalanche Bars are the solution. Enjoy!
Be sure to save this recipe for Avalanche Bars to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Avalanche Bars
- White chocolate
- Peanut butter
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Miniature marshmallows
- Mini chocolate chips
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 24 ounces white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate, plus more for drizzling (optional)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper. Place the mini chocolate chips in the freezer. Place the Rice Krispies in a large mixing bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the white chocolate and peanut butter. Microwave on 50% power, in 30-60 second increments, until melted and smooth, stirring often.
- Pour white chocolate mixture over Rice Krispies and stir gently to coat. Let mixture cool slightly (10-15 minutes), stirring once or twice as it cools. Fold in the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. If desired, top with more marshmallows and chocolate chips, then drizzle with more white chocolate. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 7g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: My friend Emily, and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory