BAKED BRIE WITH BALSAMIC ROASTED CRANBERRIES AND SMOKED ALMONDS — This beautiful cranberry and brie cheese appetizer is ready to serve in less than 20 minutes.
We have a Christmas Eve tradition at our house of serving a variety of holiday appetizers, and this Baked Brie with Balsamic Roasted Cranberries and Smoked Almonds will definitely be making an appearance on the menu.
I just love a good baked brie. There’s something about all that melted cheese that I find irresistible. I mean, melted cheese…..what’s not to love?
And the balsamic infused cranberry compote that tops this baked brie is what makes it perfect for the holidays. The smoked almonds put it over the top!
I especially love that a baked brie never fails to impress at a party or gathering. It’s the kind of thing that seems “fancy” but it requires practically no effort.
Exactly the kind of appetizer you need for all those holiday gatherings!
This baked brie pretty much has it all. It’s creamy and smooth, with a hint of sweet, a bit of tang from the balsamic vinegar, and a salty crunch from the smoked almonds.
Best of all, this beautiful appetizer only takes about 20 minutes to put together. And you could even prepare the cranberry topping ahead of time and reheat it. It’s really so simple.
And if you’re wondering, yes, you do bake the brie with the rind on it. Once it’s baked and you cut into it, all the melted cheese inside will be released.
This is wonderful served with crackers or lightly toasted baguette slices. However you serve it, your friends and family are sure to be impressed by this classic baked brie with a holiday twist.
Be sure to save this recipe for Baked Brie with Balsamic Roasted Cranberries and Smoked Almonds to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Baked Brie with Balsamic Roasted Cranberries and Smoked Almonds
- Brie wheel
- Produce: fresh cranberries, fresh rosemary
- Balsamic vinegar
- Smoked almonds
- Crackers or baguette slices, for serving
- 1 (1 lb.) brie cheese wheel
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup chopped smoked almonds
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Crackers or toasted baguette slices, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss together cranberries, sugar, balsamic vinegar and salt. Pour onto a large, parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the brie on a separate baking sheet. Place the cranberries and brie wheel into the oven. Cook both for about 10 minutes. Remove the brie from the oven.
- Continue cooking the cranberries an additional 5 minutes, if needed. The berries should be softened and beginning to burst.
- Place brie on a serving tray. Top with cranberries, smoked almonds and fresh rosemary, if desired. Cut into brie and serve with crackers or baguette slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 128 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 99mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 15g Protein: 3g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Inspired by The Wicked Noodle