ROASTED RED PEPPER TOMATO FETA DIP — This warm, savory dip combines roasted red peppers and cherry tomatoes with feta and cream cheese in an easy but elegant appetizer that’s perfect for any occasion.
I make and serve more appetizers during the holidays than any other time of year. Well, except for maybe football season–but it’s call kind of the same season, so I’m always looking for easy, delicious recipes like this Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Feta Dip.
I especially love warm appetizer dishes like this one during the cold winter months. There’s just something so heartwarming about a cheesy, bubbly dip when it’s chilly outside.
Which makes this creamy, flavorful dip perfect for the holiday season and football season too. I especially enjoy serving this tomato and feta dip at holiday gatherings, since it’s a little fancier than the usual dip.
My favorite way to serve it is with some lightly toasted baguette slices, but all kinds of crackers work well, and so do crunchy vegetables like carrots and broccoli.
Ideally, you’ll be able to find a block of feta cheese for this recipe, since you roast it with the tomatoes to start. But if all you can find is crumbled, don’t worry.
Just pile the feta cheese into the center of your baking dish and proceed with the recipe as written. It all ends up mixed together in the end, so it works just find to start with crumbled cheese.
This is one of those recipes where you should feel free to make adaptations. If you have extra cherry tomatoes, throw them in (they’re the best part!). And if you really need to finish off that jar of roasted peppers, go right ahead.
You can also prepare this dish ahead of time and reheat it when you’re ready to serve, which is always helpful during the busy holiday season. One thing is for certain, this delicious dip will be a hit at your next party or get together. Enjoy!
Be sure to save this Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Feta Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Feta Dip
- Feta cheese
- Produce: cherry tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Cream cheese
- Roasted red peppers
- Spices: Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) block feta cheese (crumbled will work too)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease an 8 or 9-inch baking dish. Place the feta cheese in the center of the dish and the tomatoes and garlic around the feta. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender and starting to burst. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and Italian seasoning until smooth. Add roasted feta and red peppers and mix to combine.
- Transfer the feta and cream cheese mixture to the baking dish with the tomatoes. Stir gently, being careful not to crush the tomatoes, until combined. If desired, return to the oven and heat until hot and bubbly, or serve immediately. Garnish with fresh basil before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Sweet and Savory Meals