CREAMY TOMATO CHICKEN GNOCCHI SOUP — A creamy tomato based broth is loaded with gnocchi pasta and tender chicken in this easy and heartwarming soup.
I always have the ingredients for a few quick and easy soup recipes on hand, and this Creamy Tomato Chicken Gnocchi Soup is one I’m always prepared to make.
I use the vacuum packed gnocchi in this recipe (and in most recipes calling for gnocchi). It’s easy to keep on hand because much like regular pasta, it lasts forever.
But if you want it to last even longer, you can even keep it in the freezer. I love that gnocchi has the taste of fresh pasta, but with a much longer shelf-life. It’s very much a pantry staple at our house.
This is the kind of soup that lends itself well to all sorts of additions, especially vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms or spinach. I usually leave it as is, because I know everyone will eat it sans veggies.
But feel free to make additions and adaptations. If you really want to switch things up, you can swap out the chicken for some cooked, crumbled Italian sausage.
Best of all, this soup comes together in about 20 minutes, so it’s something I can throw together on a busy week night. Or better yet, have my husband or one of my boys whip up a pot.
I like to finish this soup off with a sprinkle of freshly chopped basil and a tablespoon or two of grated Parmesan cheese.
This Creamy Tomato Chicken Gnocchi Soup is so quick, easy and delicious, once you’ve tried it, it’s sure to become a regular meal!
Be sure to save this Creamy Tomato Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Creamy Tomato Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Olive oil
- Produce: garlic, green onions, fresh basil
- Jarred pasta sauce
- Chicken broth
- Parmesan cheese
- Spices: red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (24 oz.) jar pasta sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds gnocchi
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the garlic and green onion and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta sauce and chicken broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, stir in the gnocchi and chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until gnocchi is tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in cream and Parmesan cheese and cook until heated through. Stir in red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped basil before serving, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 142mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe