BETTER THAN COSTCO PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE — A creamy peanut butter layer is topped with a light and fluffy chocolate mousse layer in this rich and decadent Costco copycat recipe.
If you haven’t heard, Costco recently introduced a new peanut butter chocolate cream pie that the Internet has gone crazy for. Well, this Better Than Costco Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Pie is–you guess it–even better!
Which is a great option if you’re feeding a big crowd, or a small army. If not, I highly recommend this even better, regular sized chocolate and peanut butter cream pie.
Actually, I recommend this version either way, because, if I do say so myself, it richer, creamier and smoother, with more chocolate and peanut butter flavor.
My family and I taste tested both pies and we all agreed that this homemade version was far more delicious. But you’ll definitely want to try this dessert recipe for yourself.
Both the chocolate and peanut butter layers in this pie are light, fluffy and mousse-like. Which is exactly how a good cream pie should taste.
This classic pairing comes in a peanut butter crust and is garnished with extra peanut butter mousse filling, and chopped peanut butter cups–which are entirely optional, but why would you want to leave them out?
Even my husband, who isn’t a big peanut butter fan, went back for a second slice of this dreamy pie. Personally, I had to resist going back for thirds.
And since this pie is practically no-bake, it’s a perfect choice for a summer time dessert. I know it’s going to be a family favorite at our house!
Even if you’ve never tried the Costco version, you’ll want to try this decadent Better Than Costco Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Pie.
Be sure to save this recipe for Better Than Costco Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Pie to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Better Than Costco Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Pie
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Granulated sugar
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
- Peanut butter
- Cream cheese
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Graham cracker crumbs, for garnish
- Chopped peanut butter cups, for garnish
For the chocolate filling
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
For the peanut butter filling
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Bake and cool the graham cracker crust according to directions; set aside.
- Start the chocolate filling by placing the marshmallows, 1/4 cup of heavy cream and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until marshmallows are mostly melted.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the peanut butter filling. With an electric mixer, beat together the peanut butter and cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and salt and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the heavy cream into the peanut butter mixture and beat on high speed until smooth, about one minute. Reserve a generous 3/4 cup of the peanut butter filling. Spread the remaining filling into the prepared crust. Refrigerate while you finish the chocolate filling.
- With an electric mixer, beat 1 cup heavy cream and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture. Spread the chocolate filling over the peanut butter layer.
- Pipe the reserved peanut butter filling around the edge of the pie and sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs and chopped peanut butter cups, if desired.
- Refrigerate until the filling is set, at least 4 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 800Total Fat: 57gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 397mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 3gSugar: 46gProtein: 11g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from the Kitchn