BIG SOFT M&M SUGAR COOKIES — Sugar cookie dough is loaded with colorful M&Ms, then baked into soft, bakery-style cookies that are perfect for holidays and special occasions, or for any day of the year!
Whether your celebrating a favorite holiday, or just craving homemade baked goods any time of year, these Big Soft M&M Sugar Cookies are sure to satisfy your cookie craving.
Well, he single-handedly ate almost a dozen in 24 hours, so I think this might be his new favorite. And he’s a teenage boy, so he can still get away with eating that many cookies!
I did hide a few away for myself, once I noticed how quickly they were disappearing. Because these cookies are ridiculously good.
They’re super soft and fluffy, and full of chocolate pieces. The perfect cookie for dunking in a glass of cold milk.
Obviously you can use whatever color of M&Ms you like in this recipe. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we went with a pink, red and white theme.
I was also going for a bakery-style cookie, so I made a dozen really big cookies. But you can definitely make more “normal” sized cookies if you prefer.
Be sure to decrease your baking time a bit for smaller cookies. The secret to these cookies coming out super soft is not overbaking. Let them go until they’re just set on top, and barely brown on the bottom and they’ll be perfect.
I also like to press a few M&Ms into the top of each cookie before baking to make them look extra pretty!
No matter the holiday, these Big Soft M&M Sugar Cookies are the perfect treat for kids and adults alike. Everyone loves them!
Be sure to save this recipe for Big Soft M&M Sugar Cookies to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Big Soft M&M Sugar Cookies
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- M&Ms candy
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup M&Ms candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well. Gradually mix in the flour, scraping the sides of the bowl as you go. Stir in the M&Ms with a wooded spoon.
- Roll dough into 1/4 cup size balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Top with additional M&Ms, if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are just set. Do not overbake. Let cookies cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 415mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Broken Oven Baking