GREEK TURKEY MEATBALLS WITH SPINACH AND FETA — Ground turkey meatballs are loaded with feta cheese, spinach and Greek herbs and spices. Delicious served with orzo or flatbread.
Our neighbors recently invited us to dinner and served some delicious turkey burgers. Of course I asked for the recipe, and transformed it into these Greek Turkey Meatballs with Spinach and Feta.
We’ve been eating a lot more ground turkey lately. My husband and I both love that it’s so much less greasy than ground beef.
Now I know some of you think ground turkey doesn’t have much flavor, but these meatballs are packed with flavor! The secret is adding plenty of herbs and spices.
We’re talking garlic, onion powder, oregano, cumin and fresh mint. That’s right, fresh mint–it’s a traditional ingredient in Greek cooking. Trust me, you don’t want to skip it!
These meatballs are also loaded with feta cheese and chopped fresh spinach–which is a great way to sneak some veggies into your diet. Especially if you have picky eaters in the house.
I also threw in a handful of lemon zest to really brighten things up and give these meatballs a unique, fresh flavor.
Now, I don’t want to tell you what to do, but I highly recommend serving these meatballs with a side of orzo, some flatbread, and a big dollop of tzatziki sauce. You’ll feel like you’re eating at your favorite Greek restaurant.
My last tip: bake your meatballs in the oven. Of course, it’s better for you, and it’s a lot less messy too.
Plus, it give you time to prepare your sides while the meatballs bake.
My family devoured this meal. It was one of those dinners where I wanted to eat more, but I couldn’t because I was absolutely stuffed! The leftovers were delicious though!
Be sure to save this recipe for Greek Turkey Meatballs with Spinach and Feta to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Greek Turkey Meatballs with Spinach and Feta
- Ground turkey
- Feta cheese
- Produce: fresh spinach, fresh parsley, fresh mint, lemons
- Seasoned breadcrumbs
- Spices: onion powder, salt and pepper, oregano, cumin
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly with clean hands. Shape into walnut sized meatballs using a spoon or cookie scoop. Place meatballs in prepared pan so they are just touching.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until meatballs are browned and cooked through. Serve with orzo or flatbread and tzatziki sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 837mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 34g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Inspired by my friend and neighbor Kendree.