LOADED BREAKFAST NACHOS — Tortilla chips are topped with scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon, black beans and cheese, plus all of your favorite nacho toppings in this amazing Tex-Mex breakfast feast.
If anyone ever tells you that you can’t have nachos for breakfast, just show them this recipe for Loaded Breakfast Nachos and you’ll definitely change their ideas about breakfast.
I mean, what’s not to love about nachos for breakfast?
Personally, I’m a huge fan of savory, non-traditional foods for breakfast. Yes, I’m that weird person who will eat cold pizza from the refrigerator at 8 o’clock in the morning.
I mean, breakfast burritos and tacos are a thing, right? I’ve seen them on plenty of restaurant menus. So why not nachos for breakfast too?
Actually, I got the idea for these nachos when I saw them on the menu of a restaurant where my son and I were dining last fall when I was getting him situated at college.
Obviously, I thought nachos first thing in the morning was a brilliant idea. And after everyone else in the family tried them, they all agreed.
Of course, you can top your nachos with your own favorite breakfast foods. But I’d definitely start with some scrambled eggs, cheese, and some sort of breakfast meat, like bacon, ham or sausage.
Unless your going for a vegetarian version, of course. After that, the possibilities are endless–beans, jalapenos, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, salsa, sour cream…..you get the idea.
You may not normally crave nachos first thing in the morning, but after trying these Loaded Breakfast Nachos, you definitely will!
Be sure to save this recipe for Loaded Breakfast Nachos to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Loaded Breakfast Nachos
- Tortilla chips
- Black beans
- Salt and pepper
- Produce: tomatoes, jalapenos, green onions, cilantro, etc.
- Sour cream
- 12 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Sliced jalapeno
- Chopped tomato
- Sliced green onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Diced avocado
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layer tortilla chips on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle one cup of cheese over the chips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper. In a small non-stick skillet, cook the scrambled eggs over medium-low heat until done.
- Layer the scrambled eggs over the chips and cheese. Top with chopped bacon and black beans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and nachos are warm.
- Remove from oven and top with desired toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 658mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 8gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe